Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When wil i start seeing the blue of my haplopelma lividium juvenile (if its female)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When wil i start seeing the blue of my haplopelma lividium juvenile (if its female)

I have a juvenile Cobalt Blue which i have had from a spiderling . I was just wondering when i should start too catch glimpses of blue when i shine a tourch on it at night time.
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
    I have a juvenile Cobalt Blue which i have had from a spiderling . I was just wondering when i should start too catch glimpses of blue when i shine a torch on it at night time.
    Matthew
    Its been a while since I reared up some of these but they should be well blue by about 2-3 inches, this is when the look the best the will darken with age, but as a rule look absolutely spanking after a moult.

If of course you get to see them - pet holes and all

Cheers
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

Well its only about an inch at the mo and very brown looking but with striking tiger stipes on its abdomen. And after its last slough it hides loads now. Will look forward too its forthcoming (i hope) colour change. Thanks

Comment

I recently sold all of my 10 lividums at the last brilliant BTS show but while digging them out of their containers I noticed that the blue colouring starts to appear nearer to 3 inches than 2inches and seems to appear on the front legs first.

Comment

the show was brilliant indeed, Peter

great to know about the colour change...i have a couple, but they are young, so it'll be nice to see when their colours start showing up!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Hi, don't know if this helps but when the top of your spider's legs turn black, shine a torch on them, the blue glow is amazing (usually happens around 2-3 inches)
            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Great stuff thanks for all this advice . I really have become a member of a brilliant friendly helpful society . I hope too breed my cobalt blue when it reaches maturity whether it is male or female is no obstacle. But i would like too practice before i do with an easy species too breed but that will not be for some time as i only have an adult female g . rosea but i have 12 very hungry fast growing spiderlings/ juveniles all of different species.

Comment

i just shone my torch on my h lividum and tilted it too take the glare off my view and there it was a bright as day, Fraktal has blue Femurs . Its a girl yay!!!

Comment

Well done Matthew, enjoy!
                  sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

got a even better look she was on the side of her enclosure so i shone th elight on her underside and there it was bright blue beauty!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
                      i just shone my torch on my h lividum and tilted it too take the glare off my view and there it was a bright as day, Fraktal has blue Femurs . Its a girl yay!!!
                      Remember that male H.lividum are also blue until maturity

Comment

Working...
                      X