It's a girl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a girl!

my B. smithi molted today, and i am over moon as its a female yay. just thought i would share my delight with you guys.
    ''The very general opinion that the tarantula ''looks so horrible'' is obviously without any basis. To anyone who has learned to know this spider, it is as handsome as a goldfinch and fully as interesting.'' William J. Baerg. 1885-1980.

Happy Days

Alrite Andy,

Congrats on the female smithi mate!

My l.para shed today and I checked the moult and its a male.

Bit of a downer because I wanted a femme fatale but still my mate has a female so at least he won't go without getting any lol.

Michael.
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

lol! i got my first L. para today, hoping that will be female too, its only 3inch at the mo. my smithi was 6 before its molt so i'm hoping it will gain another inch.
      ''The very general opinion that the tarantula ''looks so horrible'' is obviously without any basis. To anyone who has learned to know this spider, it is as handsome as a goldfinch and fully as interesting.'' William J. Baerg. 1885-1980.

Comment

Well done Andy, I have a male but he's only about 10cm and immature. Do you know when she'll be mature, we might be able to introduce them!
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Lol!

Do I sense a bit of arachnid blind date going on here lol.
          Im still sweet cos I have another L.Para sling bout 2cm so still lots of joy bringing him/her up.And yeah might get an inch on b. smithi maybe three quarters just cos they grow so slow.

Im raging to I have cracking pics of my L. Para moulting and this p.c keeps saying an error occured when I'm uploading them!! Awk well I'll get it sorted and post them.

Michael..
          2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Hey Andy Conrat's on ur B. smithi girl

My Chromatopelma cyaneopubescen shed a few days ago. As a 1st 2 sexing I decided 2 searched the Net, When I looked up 'sexing molts' I was even more confused, In some pic's she looks female and in others she looks male LOL. R well, I'm guessing by her next molt I would of figured it out lol.

A beautiful looking girls u have

Comment

congrats on your female. hope my smithi turns out to be a female

Comment

Hi Angie, if you download the BTS journal Vol.22 No.1 there's a brilliant article on sexing tarantulas by Chris Sainsbury in there. Have a look and see what you think.
                sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Jury View Post
                  my B. smithi molted today, and i am over moon as its a female yay. just thought i would share my delight with you guys.
                  congrats andy, i have an adult female smithi, they are just fantastic, and if well looked after, they can live to a good age, i think i am correct in saying that the record age for a captive T is 47 and that was a smithi
                  THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

that sounds like a plan nicola! thanks everyone for the replies. Gee i hope mine lives to 40 odd. although it might then outlive me, even tho i'm only 21, i cant see myself living to 60, hell, if i thought i'd live that long i would of looked after myself!

Comment

Great news and picture Andy. I'm hoping my smithi will moult in the next few days. The bald patch turned black about a week ago. So fingers crossed.
                      Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Working...
                      X