Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pin head crickets hatched !!!!!!!!! What should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin head crickets hatched !!!!!!!!! What should i do?

After removing the uneaten/ remains of crickets from the spiders enclosures this morning i noticed that the substrate had a few pin head crickets roaming around which must of been laid when i put the adult crickets in too feed the tarantulas in the past month or so. I was just wondering if it would be safe too leave them there and let them die from hunger or if i should totally clean the tanks out .
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Hi
    I had this happen in my E pachypus tank.
    I just let them die off with no problems.
    I noticed that if you put the water dish level with the substrate, they will climb in and die off in there.
    Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
    - Unknown

Species I currently have

Comment

i personally would try getting them out. crickets can cause harm to your T especially if it moults. try getting a dish and putting goldfish flakes in it and placing it in the tank, from my experience crickets love em and they might get lured into the dish so you can remove them
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Yes actually Matthew is right. My E pachypus just molted a few weeks earlier so it was not a problem.
        If yours is due for a molt I would get them out.
        Watch your thoughts, they become words.
        Watch your words, they become actions.
        Watch your actions, they become habits.
        Watch your habits, they become your character.
        Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
        - Unknown

Species I currently have

Comment

well in 2 of the enclosures there are juve h . lividium and a juve east african horned baboon thats is due too shed any time so have placed a small amount ofcricket food in a dish in the enclosures too get rid of the monsters for now will keep a close eye on them. How can i stop this problem occuring in the future?

Comment

If you can put up with the chirping then just feed mature male crickets to the burrowing spiders, or you could change to roaches.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

yeah there is that plus its notr too bad cos we get silent brown crickets cos they are quieter and dont seem to be as savage as the black ( my mrs keeps getting bitten by the black crickets and by superworms , keep telling her will put them in her knickers if she dont behave lol ) and to be honest we dont mind the noise created cos its like living in the jungle in our front room anyway.

Comment

Decided to just clean the 3 enclores totally out too avoid any mishaps at all now thanks for the input guys

Comment

i have exactly the same problem with a few of my tanks, i just left them alone and before i new it they were all dive bombing head first into the water bowl and dying off,

Comment

Well my horned baboon was looking rather shed bound so i decided to bite the bullet and cleaned the tanks they seem happy enough now apart from my h . lividum which i had to dig up and at only inch and half leg span wanted too eat my hand . They got some balls for something so small!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
                      h . lividum which i had to dig up and at only inch and half leg span wanted too eat my hand . They got some balls for something so small!!!
                      their beauty is payment enough for the risk though. i wouldnt have suggested stressing the baboon if a moult is imminent though, not a particulary good time to cause stress
                      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

I know but i didn't want too risk her getting attacked whilst i was asleep . Shes wandering around now and seems fine . I made sure the ordeal was as stress free as humanly possible and will keep my eye on her .

Comment

both my blue's are proper jackel and hide, bit like my wife really.

Comment

I never see mine anymore shes dug a hole and dissapeared again after i changed her substrate. Oh and my c. Darlingi is fine still not shed but she is moving around plenty .

Comment

micro crickets AArrgghhh

Hi mate
                              Had the same problem myself a while back see this thread
                              but solved it then and not had them back since

All the best
                              Clinton

Maxine 9 - 9.5 inch Lasiodora Parahybana
                              -------------------------------------------------------
                              Pet charity site http://www.sponsoracat.org.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X