Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances of my H.Gigas still being alive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances of my H.Gigas still being alive?

A couple of months back my h.gigas escaped it was only a juve but it was a fair size. We havent seen it but the escaped cricket population in our house has diminished considerably recently. I think it may be still alive and eating the absconded crickets . I also been told they can fish so i have been checking the fish tank for signs of it fishing ( thats a joke btw ). Could it still be alive?
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

I think it might be unlikely by now. Get a small torch and check behind all the radiatiors, Then, if you've got a gas fire check behind that. If there are any dark cupboards check there next. Another trick (adapting what someone taught me) get a saucer of cat food/dog food and put it in the center of the kitchen. Put some crickets there to eat it, sit back and wait!
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Hey Matthew,

All I can say mate is with animals you just never know!!

My friend had a P. Irminia juvie, it didn't escape like but it was dead hadnt moved in 2 weeks.An he just couldn't bring himself to get rid of it so he put it in a cupboard and completely forgot about it.Now nearly 8 months later,now I witnessed this,he found it and nearly fainted as the spider was walking around the tank!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes it was really thin but alive and kicking!!!

So from that day forward I have decided that you just never know!!

Michael..
      2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

CHUFF!!!

Thats some crazy jesus spider there lol I used too be able too bring stick insects back from the dead by rubbing there tummy but thats just bizarre hope he gets loadsa fun out of it and it lives to a ripe old age

Comment

I know mate crazy stuff!! I was calling her Frankenspider " its ALIVE!!!!" LOL..

He still has her though that hyappened bout 3 years ago so shes fine. I have a P. Irminia juvenile I'm hoping is a female, but if it turns out to be male, at least he's got a woman LOL!!!

Michael...
          2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelmckinney View Post
            Hey Matthew,

All I can say mate is with animals you just never know!!

My friend had a P. Irminia juvie, it didn't escape like but it was dead hadnt moved in 2 weeks.An he just couldn't bring himself to get rid of it so he put it in a cupboard and completely forgot about it.Now nearly 8 months later,now I witnessed this,he found it and nearly fainted as the spider was walking around the tank!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes it was really thin but alive and kicking!!!

So from that day forward I have decided that you just never know!!

Michael..

had its conditions changed? if a T is put into a condotion it cant survive in, i.e too cold, they can shut their organs down to preserve their life and when put back intot he right conditions can revive themselves. an example of this was a couple of years ago when we done one of our mini beast road shows and we where in a markee. it was an all weekend show in the summer so we decided to stay overnight in the markee. when we woke in the morning, there had been frost over night and 60% of the Ts seemed dead. we took them all and put them in the cars with the engines running and heating on, and hey presto, i think in the end only 1 was dead, a mature male so probs on its last legs anyway. just goes to show how clever these creatures really are
            THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Working...
            X