Hmmmmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmmmmm

Not wishing to be picky Mark, but if we are to use our proper names, why all of a sudden have we got members using user names instead of names again??????
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Please PM me with the offender mary and I will look into it.

Ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
      Not wishing to be picky Mark, but if we are to use our proper names, why all of a sudden have we got members using user names instead of names again??????

Mary
      No one is activated without using their real name, some of the older forum members have still yet to update to the real names. Despite many messages requesting such.

Also just if the username appears at the bottom and in the list it does not mean they have been activated. As once registered the name is there to I'll get removing it.

I would also Point out that there were a few updates to the rules few months ago which allowed fully paid up BTS members the option to use initials, as we have their full name on record and therefore they are transparent and accountable which what the whole real name thing was about. This is only given out within the rejection email I have included this at the base of this reply.

The real name thing has worked extremely well and we do not suffer many of the problems seen elsewhere on the net.

I am still in favour of this transparency and where we all know who is commenting and constructively participating in the forum. This despite it causing a 100% increase in abusive emails in my inbox, the things I have been called and accused of cannot be written down here.

Needless to say I deal with these people in a polite way and always take the time to reply to their abusive response to rejection email from the forum application, in polite and curtious way. Which is more than they afford to me!!!

Out of every 10 or so registrations only few have even read the rules and I have to reject them. They are sent a polite email notice that stresses the reasons behind the policy and a link to the rules and regs.

Many will simply rejoin appropriately and apologise for missing the rules, many choose not to join as they have issues with the rules, and few others send back a few lines of profanity and abuse.

There are times where peoples names don't look like there real and where possible I check these against there email and act appropriately.

Hope this explains things, if you have issues with a name please send this to me as a PM I will deal with it today.

Regards
      Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------
      Here is a copy of the email sent to those not following the rules when first registering on the forum.

Dear ******, Sincere apologies!

Unfortunately your registration at The B.T.S Tarantula Community Board did not conform with the rules and regulations of our forum membership. Therefore your registration could not be accepted, we understand that in haste to join you may have over looked these rules.

We apologise for this inconvenience but due to recent high numbers of fake registrations we have had to introduce the "Real Names Campaign” You can read all the rules and regulations on the BTS forum.
      Please read before registering and or posting on BTS T Community. failing to do so will affect the prompt activation of your account.

Please re register using your real full name as a username and complete your profile in full.

If you are a paid up member of the BTS you can use initials such as;
      I.E. 'John D' instead of 'John Doe - however to take advantage of this - you must first inform me of your membership number, and also until checks are made your account may take a while to activate. However on activation you will be added to the BTS Members usergroup.

being a paid up BTS Member gives you access to the members gallery and other excellent features.

Please do re register and enjoy to the full the BTS forum…Using your real full name!

Respectfully yours
      The B.T.S Tarantula Community Board

P.S Please if you wish to make comment on this email, please do so in a respectful and polite manner in which it was sent to you. The society is run by volunteers who give up a lot of free time to run the society and help others.

The rules of the forum are to protect, as a society we have a lot of younger readers we have a duty to protect them from abuse and profanity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
      Last edited by Mark Pennell; 06-07-08, 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks Mark love, it just seemed so daft when we all prefer real names, as I said, not being picky, just wondered why xxxxxxx
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Working...
        X