Grammostola Pulchra advise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammostola Pulchra advise please

hi all i am looking for advise on breeding them i have been searching but havent come up with much so any input would be good i have read that they need to be cooled temp wise but cant find much else . thanks mandy

Mandy

In their natural habitat they are exposed to a cool period which overlaps the start of the "rainy season", mating is observed after this period.

I have had most success (with Grammostola in general) with cooling the pair off for a period of 4-6 weeks, then increasing the temp to the normal 75-80+ ish.
    Humidity for the female could be raised slightly after cooling off by dampening one corner of her tank. the male (in my experience) will benefit from a good substrate soak, when this has dried slightly the male will create a sperm web if he's in the vacinity of a female (make sure you have cork bark / log in his tank, this will make it easier for the chap to create his web).

Leave them in close proximity for a couple of days and then try and introduce them for mating.

I have weather charts for Brazil, in MS word format, on my site that i don't mind if you wish to download and use.
    http://www.cdwgraphics.co.uk/storage...er%20table.doc
    this will enable you to see how the temps and rainy seasons overlap and give you a good idea what scenario to follow.

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Grammostola Pulchra Advise

Hi Colin thankyou for the advise i will download the info thankyou for your help mandy

Mandy

Comment

Working...
      X