Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my H Lividum yesterday yeah!!!!

Hey everyone,

Got my H. Lividum yesterday from the tarantula shop.com, and it is a cracker!!! She(hopefully) looked a bit lethargic when she arrived from transit, so I set up her viv and popped her in.

She hadn't done much after a few hours and I started to worry as you do.So I got the straw I use to water my slings and touched her leg, just to make sure she was O.K.Now what happened next nearly made me mess my underwear!!! LOL I mean you hear people saying they are evil, but until you witness it in the flesh you just wouldn't believe the speed and viciousness of these T's!!!! So I touch her leg, and she spins round like greased lightning and strikes several times at the straw and pierces it several times too!!!!

My heart was going like the clappers but it was so cool at the same time, but I'm glad it was the straw and not my fingers!!! LOL

Michael..
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

brill i cant wait for mine too grow up she is about 2 inch big and u can start too see her blue bits , got her as a spiderling because i like too watch them grow and i also see what there attitude is like as they develop so im ready and know what they will be like as adults called her fraktal cos she looks like well a big blue fraktal...i also have a h .minax which is just as if not more evil than h.lividum but black (thank god she is only 2 cm). Enjoy cos i know i will !!
    Last edited by Matthew Baines; 09-07-08, 02:51 PM.
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Happy days Matthew,

I would say Haplopelma should translate into pure evil!! LOL As I've heard from most arachnophiles, Haplopelma genus has the worst reputation for nastiness (with good reason too LOL). A friend of mine who owns a shop said he had a Haplopelma Schmidti, and he reckoned it was even worse than lividum!! But then again it depends on the individual spider I suppose.

Oh yeah and I bought a C. Crawshayi juvie off him too, its class watching him/her digging away LOL, but I've stories bout them beasts aswell for nastiness.

Michael..
      2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

id say all earthtigers have an attitude problem! I have 4 but i want too get more as they are my favourite of all the tarantulas . I also have a juvenile c .darlingi which takes a dive for you whenever you open the lid

Comment

I know all of the horned baboons have a real chip on their shoulder LOL!!!

My mate with the shop has C. Cornuatus and you can't even lift the lid that much or it moves like lightning up the sides!!! LOL The only other baboon I have is P. Murinus and its a pretty aggresive female aswell.

Michael..

Comment

definately, have too slam the door shut on my horned baboon cos it wants a piece of my hand everytime i mist and feed it. she just molted last night so its not too bad shes tired lol.

Comment

Thats crazy LOL Hey mate do you know where i might be able to buy a few Poecilotheria Metallica slings they are immense looking and me and my friend are dying to get our hands on a few???

Michael..

Comment

the spidershop had them at 45 quid each but they sold out apart from that i dont know maybe some of the other bts members might be able too help

Comment

Id give spidershop a phone to check, they have had them twice very reciently so phone see if any more will be ready soon, thats what I did last time, then missed them this week

Comment

Glad you like the lividium Michael. On a more serious note please be careful with the baboons. Yes they can be aggressive but they've also got the venom to back it up. Give your new girl a few days to settle and she might be a little less snippy. Trust me, never do that trick with a Heteroscodra. They may look small and furry but.....
                    Good luck
                    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Oh yeah I know they are packing some heat in them fangs thats why I was sweating profusely!! LOL Its because my mate owns a shop and I help him out cos he keeps like 100 spiders so I help him out taking care of them. And little bugger was so quick it was unbelieveable!!! He has a deathstalker scorpion but hes on his own if it needs a new home let me tell you!!!

Thanks for the heads up,

Michael..

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                        Glad you like the lividium Michael. On a more serious note please be careful with the baboons. Yes they can be aggressive but they've also got the venom to back it up. Give your new girl a few days to settle and she might be a little less snippy. Trust me, never do that trick with a Heteroscodra. They may look small and furry but.....
                        Good luck
                        I can believe it !!!!!!!!! Thats why they get as much love and respect as any member of my family, and i wouldn't go poking my mum too see if she was alive , i value my health.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelmckinney View Post
                          Oh yeah I know they are packing some heat in them fangs thats why I was sweating profusely!! LOL Its because my mate owns a shop and I help him out cos he keeps like 100 spiders so I help him out taking care of them. And little bugger was so quick it was unbelieveable!!! He has a deathstalker scorpion but hes on his own if it needs a new home let me tell you!!!

Thanks for the heads up,

Michael..
                          I might know a lady who would have the deathstalker , My mrs.

Comment

If you really want to hear confusing, how about this. The most psychopathic spidwer I have ever owned is my B. smithi. This spider is so mad when he goes for a drink he sticks his head under water to wash at the same time. My B. bohemi only nhas to sense my hand in his home and that back leg starts scratching his abdomen (I don't put crickets i n for him now, I just take the lid off and drop them from a safe distance!) In contrast my "assertive" spiders (H.lividium, H.schmidti, P.murinus, C.meridionalis) are all big softies! I have some wierd pets.
                            If you really want a class 8 legged guard dog try Phoneutria boliviensis. I don't know why they seem so scary, I like the P.keyserlingi and the sight of the other ones doesn't bother me. There's just something about that particular species. Maybe I'm wierd, not my spiders!
                            Good luck with the scorpion!
                            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

i think that just goes to show how individual spiders can be, Nicola
                              i've got some rather pouncey L parahybana's (one who used to be docile if skittish), two cowardly murinus (one threatens, but only after it's hit a corner, the other just cowers!), semi docile small juve darlingi's...
                              my usually docile pulchra lunged at me once, naturally just as i was explaining to a friend who docile she is! i think that was a case of thinking my hand was a large cricket though, and i got a bit close...my fault!
                              and of course i've had to nurse a few young slings by hand, a C crawshayi and a S philippinus...no problems with either...though i'd hesitate now, especially with the crawshayi steadily growing in confidence!

have to say though, i love the feisty ones...just so much personality there
                              deathstalkers are great little scorps.
                              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Working...
                              X