spiderlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiderlings

Hello today i bought 4 spiderlings 1 salmon pink birdeater 1 curly hair 1 red knee and 1 red rump. leading up to buying these spiders ive been trying to find out wether or not i shouid put a piece of wet tissue or cotton wool in each jar for the spiderlings to drink from every website i find says something different i dont have anything in there at the moment does anyone know wether i shouid have or shouid i just let them drink from the substrate? any info wouid be gratefully recieved thanks

When i first started i used tissue paper and found it went mouldy and smelt so for slings i just keep the substrate damp for adults i use a shallow water bowl with fresh water every day.

Comment

If you feed the spiderlings foods such as squats/crickets you will find that they get enough moisture from the food.

Comment

thast not true lol, they need moisture to moult
        join my forum today!
        http://conways.proboards25.com

Comment

It is true lol.The spider will benefit from the moisture in its prey but I never said that you don't need humidity to aid in the moulting process...

Comment

Originally posted by conway
            So how does P murinus moult in such low humidity environments then?

None of my tarantulas have a waterdish, regardless of size.

Comment

We normally only use a water dish to aid humidity . Not realy for the T to drink from.
              Ian M

Brachypelma.co.uk updated 22/06/06

Comment

*hides in a corner* lol, well i use a waterdish, got one in one of my murinus tanks, although i havent watered his tank for weeks...lol, then again hes just moult, looks big now
                join my forum today!
                http://conways.proboards25.com

Comment

to be honest i always thought that keeping the humidity high for a species such as p murinus would only AID during moulting but i guess it doesnt neccessarily mean that it wouldnt succesfully moult? it does come from a very dry country afterall. thats just the way i see it my p murinus has had a moult recently too...they grow pretty well!

Comment

I agree with Ian, water dishes are good for keeping air humidity, i have never seen a spiders burrow in the wild with a water dish.

Saying that though i do not tend to give my spiderlings waterdishes, only small s/a and upwards. Spiderlings can die if they have to much humidity, average room air humidity is around 60 -70% .

Some spiders do drink from them

Comment

Working...
                    X