Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I kl to feed Pyro??

Hi People,

It's been since Saturday night/Sunday morning since Pyro moulted. I was wondering if I could now proceed to feed Pyro a cricket... (s)he's looking really hungry!!! Her/his abdomen is fairly small, but not what looks like dangerously small!
    I was going to wait a week but as said, Pyro appears quite hungry.

Thanks,

Rich.
    Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
    Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I'd feed him now. In fact if he takes the food give him seconds. Unless were talking about adults 5 days is fine, for slings 3. When they're bigger check the fangs after a moult. when they turn black the spider is ready to eat again.
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
      Yes I'd feed him now. In fact if he takes the food give him seconds. Unless were talking about adults 5 days is fine, for slings 3. When they're bigger check the fangs after a moult. when they turn black the spider is ready to eat again.
      Thanks Nicola I'll always check that!

Many thanks again,

Rich
      Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!

Comment

Nicola that was an amazing attack by Pyro... he had his back legs against the glass and his front on the substrate, and the cricket in front of him, both standing completely still. I got bored after a while, assuming that they were both trying to trick each other, and got a paintbrush and brushed the cricket. Next thing, he moves, Pyro grabs him and Pyro is still half hanging off the glass with the cricket in his fangs.
        It reminds me of the gallows, because the cricket's legs are just above the substrate dangling, and his head is in Pyro's jaws, but the cricket, being sucked of all fluid, still kicks away in a last strand of hope for life.

It's great!

Comment

Hi Richard.

I fed my young smithi about 4 or 5 days after she had moulted. But I made sure her fangs had darkened and started off with just a small cricket. A few days later I gave her a larger cricket to munch on. They were both devoured within a minute or so of putting them in the tank.
          Now I'll resume feeding her one a week (or two small ones) from now on.
          Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
            Hi Richard.

I fed my young smithi about 4 or 5 days after she had moulted. But I made sure her fangs had darkened and started off with just a small cricket. A few days later I gave her a larger cricket to munch on. They were both devoured within a minute or so of putting them in the tank.
            Now I'll resume feeding her one a week (or two small ones) from now on.
            I feed both mine every three days, a smaller one for IC and any large one for Pyro.
            Currently, IC isn't eating and the abdomen has gone really dark. I did leave a cricket in there though, but I can't see it anywhere. It may however be in the hide, with Ice Cube. I saw Ice Cube yeterday but now I can't see IC either.
            Hopefully IC is well and the cricket is dead, or alive and will come out soon, cuz I want IC to have a good moult in which she won't be disturbed and/or attacked.

Anyway, thanks Andrew.

Comment

Ferocious; vicious... the described execution...

Last edited by Richard Shah; 19-07-08, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X