Aphonoplema seemanni. How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphonoplema seemanni. How to?

Well, as predicted by some forum members, my collection is starting to grow with an order for an Aphonopelma seemanni sling which should be arriving any day now, Can I ask members how they would treat this young spider, heat, humidity etc. Should I mist the container or keep it dryer?

Thanks
    Alex.
    Last edited by Alexander Abrams; 06-08-08, 04:54 PM.
    Grammostola aureostriata, Euathlus sp "Red" Chile Flame, Ephebopus murinus DCM and Aphonoplema seemani.

Hiya,
    As for temperatures, they do not require high temperatures (of course what's high is relative), I'd say keep it as your other tarantulas. This species lives in very deep burrows which retain humidity, so I'd provide as deep substrate as possible and keep it a bit moist.

Good luck and enjoy your new tarantula when you get him/her!
    Last edited by Zoltan Mihaly Lestyan; 05-08-08, 09:12 PM.
    Spider Myths | Curious Taxonomy | The World Spider Catalog - Theraphosidae

"We are all taxonomists." -Judith Winston
    "The laws of biology are written in the language of diversity." -Edward Osborne Wilson
    "Principle of Priority - the oldest fool is always right!" -H. Segers & Y. Samyn

Comment

They come from the South US to Costa Rica, in Nicaragua and, recently noted, some areas in Guatemala, also Panama within tropical forests so the temps/humidity should really be akin to these areas
      i.e.
      temp 70 to 85° F.
      Humidity 75 to 80%.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
      X