New T's :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New T's :-)

Hi everyone, just thought I'd show off the new T's I got from John Boyd today. I got a 2cm C. cyaneopubescens and a 9cm N. chromatus. Looks like the N. chromatus is about to moult. Am I right in thinking black skin on the rump is a good sign? She hasn't eaten for 4 or 5 days yet either. She's definately a hair flicker as you can see, I'll need to watch out for that.
    Last edited by Craig Mackay; 14-11-08, 11:14 PM.
    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Nice one Craig,

I should be getting a N. Coloratuvillosus sub adult female in the next few weeks.

I got a Heterscodra Maculata juvie, Accanthoscurria Geniculata sling and a Brachypelma Abopilosum sling yesterday yeah!! But I still can't upload any pics, do ever have any trouble uploading pics??

Michael..
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

And I forgot,

Defo N. Chromatus is gona moult my L. Para was like that bout a week ago, and she moulted around 4 days later.

Michael..
      2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Nice T's michael. I've only uploaded 3 pics in total but never had any problems. I always make sure they're less than 600 x 400. I dunno if it stops you posting anything bigger. I look forward to seeing your new guys when you get the pics working

Comment

I'm looking forward to my first moult. My G. Rosea hasn't moulted in the 6 months I've had her so hopefully she'll not be much longer either.

Comment

Hmmm,

Thats interesting because my mobile phone camera is 5 megapixal, so maybe the files are to large. Is there any way I can make them smaller do you know??

I even tried photo-bucket and it said the U.R.L wasn't recognised!!??

Michael..

Comment

Tell me about it,

I have a B. Schroederi that hasn't moulted in the 2 YEARS 8 MONTHS I've had her!!!! LOL And she looked shabby when I got her LOL!!

Michael..

Comment

They're gorgeous - I much prefer C. cyaneopubescens' colour as slings!

Comment

Do you have photoshop? If so, open your image in it, click the image menu at the top, click image size in the drop down menu then at the top of the window that'll open you'll have pixel dimensions which'll probably be somewhere in the 1,000's. Change the height to 400 and it'll automatically scale the width down. If the width is still higher than 600 then you can just lower it to 600 and again it'll scale the height down appropriately.

If you don't have Photoshop you can use microsoft paint. Right click your image, hover over 'open with' and click paint. Once your image open click image, then stretch/skew from the drop down menu. Change the horizontal and vertical stretch values to around 50% and your image should shrink. You can check the dimensions by clicking image then attributes from the drop down menu and just keep repeating the process till you get something 600x400 or less.

Hope that helps Michael, not sure bout your photobucket problems though.

Good luck!
                  Last edited by Craig Mackay; 07-08-08, 09:29 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by Faye Sweeney View Post
                    They're gorgeous - I much prefer C. cyaneopubescens' colour as slings!
                    Thanks Faye, They're so cute as slings but at the same time I can't wait for their adult colours. Might have to get another sling when that happens, hehe.
                    I see you've been busy getting yourself some slings. It'd be great if you could get some pics up too. Good luck with them all
                    Last edited by Craig Mackay; 07-08-08, 09:34 PM. Reason: More Typo's :-(

Comment

Cheers Craig,

I'll try that out mate.

Was just on the spider shop there, and I just could'nt resist ordering myself; 1 x Chilobrachys Fimbriatus (Indian Violet) S'ling
                      1 x Psalmopoeus Cambridgei (Trinidad Chevron) S'ling

I think I have a problem with saying no LOL because I just said I would take a Psalmopoeus Pulcher juvie of a guy who dose'nt want it LOL!!

Michael..

Comment

Originally posted by michaelmckinney View Post
                        I think I have a problem with saying no LOL because I just said I would take a Psalmopoeus Pulcher juvie of a guy who dose'nt want it LOL!!
                        Hehe, I have that same problem but luckily or unluckily I have a fiance to say no for me, lol!

...cancels typing in www.thespidershop.co.uk as I hear her walking up behind me...

Comment

LOL changing your mind,

You see I have a fiance aswell but we don't live together (yet!!).

But she has her work cut out for her LOL for someone who is not really into animals she stays in my room sometimes with; 18+ tarantulas, 4 snakes, a terrapin, 2 giant snails, 4 praying mantids and countless crickets, so she just thinks I have so much, she dosen't see any new arrivals. She just notices I take longer when checking on them LOL!!

Michael..

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Mackay View Post
                            Thanks Faye, They're so cute as slings but at the same time I can't wait for their adult colours. Might have to get another sling when that happens, hehe.
                            I see you've been busy getting yourself some slings. It'd be great if you could get some pics up too. Good luck with them all
                            ta, I will try to get some pics up tonight - my o/h is off doing fieldwork atm and has my camera, but he'll be back later... I'll have to do it discreetly though cos he only knows about 4 of them! lol

Comment

Working...
                            X