Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Shock!!!

Hey Everyone,

Don't know if anyone will remember but, when I joined the forum I was quizzing everyone about my Brachypelma who, in 2 years and 5 months hadn't moulted once, and looked shabby when I got her.

Well today I was just looking at my P. Irminia juvie who is due to moult, and just looked in on the Brachypelma, and got a few of her underside!!!

What a shock I was beginning to wonder if I had some sort of miracle of science LOL it was the last T I was expecting to moult!

Fingers crossed for me as I'm really worried bout her hope, she makes it.

Michael..
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

great news! fingers crossed for her matey
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Speak of devil Michael! Hope the moults gone/goes well. Keep us updated.
      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

good on you mate
        BTS Member and proud!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone,

The moult went excellent, she is just recovering now.

Whats strange with this particular spider is I sexed her but not 100% what species she is. Definate Brachypelma but was sold to me as a Vagans but after doing a bit of research I would say she is a Schroederi, because her carapace was a light tan colour and has changed to jet black and also no profuse red hairs on the abdomen.

While I was searching I discovered that before Schroederi was named by Jan-Peter Rudloff, there was a vast collection of B. Vagans of which he discovered lots of specimens that weren't Vagans, they were different so Schroederi was named, so maybe I could have one of the tarantulas dating back to those collections, or I'm just getting myself excited and thinking to much into it LOL.

Either way she is fine LOL.

Michael..
          2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Brilliant news mate! Really pleased for you and her.
            Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Brachypelmas to help you with identifying the species, though I'm sure someone will.

Comment

ne chance of a pic michael?
              THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Mackay View Post
                Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Brachypelmas to help you with identifying the species, though I'm sure someone will.
                Try this link.

Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
                  Cheers Andrew, I checked the site out. Its really quite informative. I'll definately be going back there.

Comment

Working...
                  X