Mail order maggots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail order maggots?

Because North Wales is mainly a sea fishing area, I'm having difficulty locating a supplier of un-dyed maggots to feed my spiderlings.

Does anybody know of a mail order company that does them

Cheers,
    Richard

Hi Richard
    I wouldn´t have the first clue where to order maggots in the UK except maybe from a fishing tackle shop or one of those live food dealers what you find online.Anyway heres an idea what you most likely will find a bit offputting but it works!
    1.find yourself a cntainer with a good lid.
    2.go out a buy some cheap raw meat.
    3.put raw meat into container ,without replaceing the lid and stick in a place where you can´t smell it and leave for a few days.
    4.After a few days go back and place the lid on.
    5.give it a few days or a week and go back (wearing a gass mask) and take of the lid of the box.
    6.you should now have some maggots what you can pick off and store in some other more hygienic mannor!

I don´t do this myself as I have a good supplier here, but I know this works from my childhood days when we kept cats ,who used to bring home dead mice! Being the nice little chap that I was I used to bury them in a small box in the garden, but after a few days I liked to dig them up again so I could see the maggots

Somehow I think I might regret writeing this!

Comment

Maggots

Hi Tescos,
      I used to do this myself several years ago too. I also wrote an article on it in the Journal, but some wise guy replied in the following issue saying it's easier to buy them from a Fishing Tackle Shop

Not in North Wales it isn't! Sea Fishing rules and they only stock sea fishing bait - lugworms etc.

There's got to be an online company who sells them. I've Gooled for one, but got nowhere.

Comment

Hi Richard have to asked at any o the fishing tackle shops if they can help you.

I susally just buy the ones availiable they are usually half and half so i just remove all teh red dyed ones and just use the white ones.

Regards

G W

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X