WORDS OF WISDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORDS OF WISDOM

Whilst walking in a local nature reserve, I came across a marvellous and thought provoking sign. The words painted thereon could well be applicable when it comes to collecting tarantulas from the wild. The memorable prose reads thus:

TAKE only photographs
    LEAVE only footprints
    KILL only time

I may be drunk, but were you ever on Stars in their eye's? It's just that you're a dead ringer for the bloke who won as Chris Deburgh.

Comment

I've heard him sing and believe me he aint no Chris De Burgh.........
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

STARS IN THEIR EYES

Cheeky monkey that Ray Hale. I have not been on stars in their eyes, but I have been on The Weakest Link AND I passed my cycling proficiency test at a very young age!
        As for Ray - well I have heard him sing too, but I am far to professional to say that he sounds like an Emerson Lake and Palmer record...oops, I just did.

Comment

I shall take that as a compliment since ELP were the finest band ever.

( Except fot Yes....not)

[B]
          On

Comment

Originally posted by RayHale
            I shall take that as a compliment since ELP were the finest band ever.

( Except fot Yes....not)
            I don't understand. What is 'fot'

Don't be telling me that you don't proof read your emails for basic spelling errors before pushing the button. Tut tut - such a simple thing.

All the membership KNOWS that YES are finer than ELP by far. They have taste and an ability to know artistry and musicianship when they hear it. Yes produce their records in a thing called a 'studio' whereas ELP produce theirs in a dustbin. Nuff said!

Comment

Touche.

[B]
              On

Comment

Just to add somthing ive noticed (and a few others no doubt) Ray your a dead ringer for Elton John

Comment

Originally posted by H@GG!S
                  Just to add somthing ive noticed (and a few others no doubt) Ray your a dead ringer for Elton John

LMAO yes I'n noticed too but leave the man alone lol

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

So lads lets get this right. I am a dead ringer for a fat, bald, old aged has been with dodgy sexuality.

Hmmmm

Cheers lads.

[B]
                    On

Comment

Yeah thanks lads.....Angela

Comment

it wansn't me I just though it was funny lmao

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Funny that! I´ve always thought Ray showed a resemblance to Warren Clarke (except with darker hair)
                          But if this thread is going to turn this way on BTS committie look a likes then lets not single Mr Hale out here!Lets go over the top and do the full wack!
                          Andrew Smith........The Captain of the Titanic in that film by James Cameron?
                          Paul Carpenter ......The Pub owner out of Minder(can´t remember his name soz)?
                          Ray Hale................Still think hes abit of a Warren Clarke?
                          Peter Kirk...............I think hes starting to look abit like how Tom Backer looks now?
                          Richard Gallon.........Ah easy its Garathe out the Office?
                          Mark Pennell............Hard one but I did see something similar in Borneo?
                          Mark Allison............Now hes appeard in many a film playing a bouncer?
                          Carl Portman..........Now whats that character out of the Simpsons called?
                          Martin Nicholas........Hmm now Ive seen him on TV somewhere?
                          Ed Chase................Sorry I cant put a name to Ed as I don´t know him
                          Michael Conabeer....Now heres a funny thing could Brendon (from Irland)Damien (from Blackpool) and Michael be one and the same or triplets?

And the Girls?........
                          Well I wouldn´t be so nasty(or even dare) as to say anything about Angela,Sue & Kim that takes a braver man than me!

Tickets to watch my BTS kicking will most likely be available on the BTS-E-Store along side or included in with the Lecture & Dinner Sales.

Comment

SIR ELTON HALE

Originally posted by H@GG!S
                            Ray my old mate,

Where is the venue for the next BTS exhibition? Just follow the yellow brick road!

Look upon it that Elton is rich and gifted, then you will feel better.

I SO didn't want to see that lookalike quote - be seeing you around kid!

As for you Chris, I like it! What about YOUR lookalike though... The Milky Bar Kid!

Comment

Fear not mere mortals I am not ofended by your harsh comments.

You will all be shocked when I turn up at the next show slimmed down to a mere shadow of my former self.

The Big Man formerly known as Silverback

[B]
                              On

Comment

Working...
                              X