Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mateing advice for white knee A Geniculata needed

Mateing advice for white knee A Geniculata needed
    hi just asking for a bit of advice put my male in with my female to day shes been well fed so no trouble there now the male he starts bobing and tapping etc
    And go,s towards her she backs up and curls into a ball do i take him out and leave it a week and try again or leave him with her for a while ?
    or try my other male with her may be he not good looking enough lol and my other male might be .
    they are both still in the same tank male at the left side female at the right side and both asleep by the looks of them both lol

im not an expert breeder julie so someone may have a better opinion but if they are not hurting each other, leave them to it. in my own personal experience i have found that the more docile species hate each other and the female will not allow a male to stay in the tank but i have found that within the nastier species, a male and female will live quite happily together as long as there is enough food. the last Ts i bred were c.crawshayi and they lived happily in the same tank until the male died of old age
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I, personally, would take him out...leave it a few days and try again...if the same thing happens leave a few days again and try the other male.

There's a possibility he may make a fresh sperm web in the time he is away from her to prepare now he know there's a female around.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

i give up she just not intreasted

well tryed both males with my female left her 2 days tryed the same one has before no luck .tryed my other male no luck there she just turns her back and goes back in her hide may be she not into have spiderlings may be you get spiders that just arnt intreased in the mateing game

any ideas any one ? should i leave him in she does not seem to bother him in the tank i have read spiders mate at night so should i give that a go ?

Comment

Personally i have always had better luck at night. You should the all the lights off, then put a red bulb in a table top lamp (that won't disturb them) and watch the whole courtship act, thats one of my favourite pastimes lol. And also, before you try to mate them, spray the tank with luke warm water. I find it can sometimes immitate a rainy season in there country of origin.

Michael..
          2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

At last

well after 4 trys with both male i have had a mateing
            i think the male just had enough of the waiting
            he chased her around the tank and traped her in her hide and she give in and mated at last just the waiting now how long before she has a egg sack and how long before the spiderlings are ready do i take the sack out of her tank or leave it in and keep it warm

Comment

Working...
            X