Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michaelmckinney View Post
    Well Ray,

Let me have a go, is it by any chance Sericopelma rubronitens???

Michael..
    wait for the paper

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by wesley flower View Post
      nice size spider really. Epiandrous fussilae gendering of Theraphosidae is far from accurate, some people say that it is accurate in the genus Poecilotheria but i am yet to be convinced. also saying that the spider is a leggy individual is not a factor to ascertain gender. have you had this spider moult in your care as yet?
      Yes, i have had him moult whilst i've had the T, just the once, but his remains are looking rather worse for wear now!

Originally posted by Eric Reynolds View Post
      Sorry, but it looks like a Sericopelma species to me.

Eric
      Hi Eric, In your opinion, which Sericopelma would you take a stab at?

Originally posted by Ray Gabriel View Post
      Yep same for me its a Sericopelma sp (i know which one but not saying yet

Ray
      Hi Ray, And Thanks for the input! Come on Which Sericopelma do you believe it to be??

Originally posted by Lisa Baines View Post
      Best move i ever made was moving onto the BTS forum. and another scorpion based forum because i have met some wonderful private breeders so i doubt i will ever buy from a 'local' shop again

and hope you get ya little beauty filly ID'd. It is gorgeous
      Hi, and Thanks Lisa!

Originally posted by Ray Gabriel View Post
      wait for the paper

Ray
      Which paper? forgive me i'm very inquisitive! lol.

Regards, Joel.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Tipler View Post
        Which paper? forgive me i'm very inquisitive! lol.
        When the likes of Mr. Gabriel are secretive....it's normally worth waiting for !!!!
        Bide your time Joel
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
          When the likes of Mr. Gabriel are secretive....it's normally worth waiting for !!!!
          Bide your time Joel
          It's hard though! I'm excited to actually find out what the little beauty is!
          Joel.

Comment

Well Joel,

I'm almost certain its Sericopelma rubronitens. The pics of them I've seen are identical to your specimen.

Sorry if I ruined anyones surprise LOL!!!

Michael..
            2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelmckinney View Post
              Well Joel,

I'm almost certain its Sericopelma rubronitens. The pics of them I've seen are identical to your specimen.

Sorry if I ruined anyones surprise LOL!!!

Michael..
              If you're basing that conclusion solely on the pics you've seen, then you shouldn't be "almost certain"! Ask the owners of the pics how then know it's S. rubronitens. Most will probably say that's what they bought it as. It is common to see the OP's spider sold as such... BUT, this doesn't mean they've actually been ID'd reliably as that species.

There are likely things Ray is not comfortable commenting on publicly at this time, until work gets published.

Eric
              MY FLICKR

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Reynolds View Post
                If you're basing that conclusion solely on the pics you've seen, then you shouldn't be "almost certain"! Ask the owners of the pics how then know it's S. rubronitens. Most will probably say that's what they bought it as. It is common to see the OP's spider sold as such... BUT, this doesn't mean they've actually been ID'd reliably as that species.

There are likely things Ray is not comfortable commenting on publicly at this time, until work gets published.

Eric
                I agree who compared thier specimens with the types (as i have most of them here LOL), worst thing is (apart from getting excel working again and a few other bits to tidy up) I have to wait for 2 other papers to be published first before this one wont be long though

Mean time i sugest you try him with any of the red and black Sericopelma sp sold as S. rubronitens.

He is one of the 3 Panamanian species

Ray

Comment

Working...
                X