Chilean Breeding Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilean Breeding Troubles

I recently got a male Chilean Rose that I want to breed with my adult female. So, I have two questions. When is the Chilean breeding season? & Can they breed? --My female is: 3-4 yrs., has laid an egg sack before, and last molted Feb./26/08. --My male was given to me and has the claimed age of 1 1/2 yrs., has made a sperm web, and is still eating.

I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you!

Hey Jackie and welcome to the forum.

I would'nt worry to much about the time of year tarantulas breed, it can be easily immitated in captivity.

G. Rosea come from pretty dry regions naturally, and I think they breed during the rainy season, when its more humid.

Just raise the humidity and temp a bit, feed both of them until they are refusing food, then just pop the male into the females tank, and watch like a hawk for any problems. Also from my experience you get better breeding results at night, just turn all the lights off, put a red bulb in a table top lamp (that won't disturb them) and witness the event.

Hope this is helpfull,

Michael..
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

from what I gather, it might be worth waiting til she has moulted again before trying to breed
      not 100% sure though cos I've never bred...

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

yeah i was gna say that myself, i believe its better to wait until the female has moulted, because if its successful, and she moults while shes pregnant, it would ruin the chances of spiderlings... well thats how ive taken the info...

Comment

Working...
        X