Arboreal moulting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arboreal moulting question

This is the first two arboreal species Ive kept, They both have large web tubes they hide in and this last week or so both have moulted but.... I havent seen the skins yet on either, I was wondering if after a while they throw them out or what do they do with em ?

One is a Avicularia avicularia the other a Poecilotheria metallica.
    My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

You'll probably find the moults are tucked away in the depths of the web tube, They normally throw them out eventually but saying this i have a couple of pokies that seem to like to incorporate the old exo into their webbing.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Seems to me they do what they like with them. Sometimes they keep them and if you purchase with enclosure you may find a history of moults within the webbing. Other times they're chucked out, they can sometimes be eaten and other times they get the hung, drawn and quartered treatment!
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

Cheers Stu..
        My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Comment

Working...
        X