The four horsemen of the apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The four horsemen of the apocalypse

I have been planning on expanding my T family for a while now and after a sort out in the cellar and a new set up (see pic) I have ample space to do so.
    A quick trip to the pet shop I use saw me coming home with a haplopelma minax (see pic) to go along side my haplopelma lividum (see pic).
    I have decided to concentrate my collection on the haplopelma genus, and I have to admit the choice to get the minax was largely influenced by a recent thread from Mr.Baines (cheers).
    Sorry the pics are a bit low quality, the lighting arrangement requires some re-jigging. And the minax is understandably defensive in its new environment.
    Oh yeah the horsemen..... my new minax is called Conquest, the next three will be Death, Famine and War.

Why not? LOL!!

Any suggestions or pics of other peoples haplopelmas will be appreciated.
    Attached Files

hehehe our matthew sat here with grin on face! Great new additions!

Oh and loving the ring of skulls!
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Nice spiders, good pics too!!

It's great to see people buying haplopelmas, most of the tarantula keepers I talk to put them down all the time and talk other keepers out of buying them. lol

Enjoy your lovely new spiddies!

Comment

More pics

Just a couple of follow up pics. Is just me or does any other sad **** stay up till 1am taking pictures of a new T when there fit as **** partner is in bed? LMAO!!!!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Erm nope... cant see anything wrong with that. I've stayed up all night watching scorpions mate just in case the female eats the male!

It's called being a big kids with some new toys!

Comment

Same T, dug a fairly impressive hole overnight, can't get enough with the camera, must consider getting a life one of these days?
            Attached Files

Comment

lmao! What ya like! (most of us on here exactly the same... probably )

Comment

yep. im the same. stayed up till 5am filming my smithi moult lol. great new aditions, lovely pics

Comment

I'm raging,

I'd love a Minax LOL!!!! Defo next on my list, I just got a H.Albostriatum juvie off the spider shop. It's mental!!! Also cracking markings too, it's funny, I was saying to my m8 the other day about collecting all the Haplopelmas LOL, he wants to get all the pokies. Here's a few pics of my Haplopelmas.

Michael.
                  Attached Files
                  2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

This is defo turning into an "I Heart Haplopelma's" thread lol

Comment

I heart haplopelmas

I'm tossing up between a H.Albostriatum and a H.schmidti but these golden earth tigers seem pretty hard to come by. Any heads up would be appreciated.
                      Also Mike, I have a juvy lividum which is still very skittish and non aggressive so if you do get one of these, be ready, the speed and aggression is startling. I haven't had this one 48hrs yet and it's eaten 4 BIG black crickets like they're going out of fashion!! And it goes for them like they beat up its sister or something!! lol.

Comment

Hi, if you hear of any H. schmidti going let me know. I have an adult male at the mo though he is getting a little old and has calmed down a lot now. Alao if you like Haplopelma why not have a look at Ornithoctonus as well!!
                        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

And cyriopagapus too they are a semi arboreal earth tiger with fantastic colours

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                            Hi, if you hear of any H. schmidti going let me know. I have an adult male at the mo though he is getting a little old and has calmed down a lot now. Alao if you like Haplopelma why not have a look at Ornithoctonus as well!!
                            Or Thrigmopoeus sp. if you can locate any

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
                              Or Thrigmopoeus sp. if you can locate any
                              are these of the "rocking horse" rarity then Phil ??
                              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
                              X