Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for Aphonopelma seemanni sling

Hi Guys

Can anyone offer any advice for my A seemanni sling. I have it in a round dish perhaps 3 inches across with neat coir about an inch deep or so. When I first brought it made a burrow with a turret and was always feeding, I gave it micro crickets every few days or so, but a couple of weeks ago it filled in the entrance the burrow and has not eaten since. I can see it from underneath if a use a torch and it does seem to be moving around but not very much. I keep it humid and it might have got a little soggy at the bottom of the tub. The tub is kept in an Exo Terra Perspex tank with a small heater. Any advice as to when it will start eating again or if this is normal behaviour?

Thanks as always for help
    Alex.
    Grammostola aureostriata, Euathlus sp "Red" Chile Flame, Ephebopus murinus DCM and Aphonoplema seemani.

Its prob just gone to moult, Im no expert but I wouldnt worry too much
    My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Comment

I would tend to agree. If it's webbed in, it's probably going to moult. Try not to disturb it too much

My Collection:

Comment

Same here m8,

More than likely just started the pre-moult phase. Some adult burrowing species, will cover their turret if they are eating alot and they just don't want to eat anymore, they will just fast for a while. But because your Seemani is a sling, I would say it's gona moult as most slings (in my experience) don't fast too often LOL.

Michael.
        2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

from what i've heard, keeping them humid makes the colour darker, so don't worry too much about that. definitely sounds like signs of moulting, as the others have said, so just be patient!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
          X