Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Box please look!!!

So can everyone else though hehe.

James. This is my female now, she has 1-2 2i crickets a week (usually 1) and seems to be rather fat for her diet. Can you please have a look and tell me if she is a lot bigger than yours? I know you feed yours more than i feed mine lol! Plus she cant seem to manage a full 2i cricket. She eats about half.

Last two days she has been in this stance with her abdomen up in the air instead of flat to the ground. Usually she is underground during the day so this behavior unusual for her. Let me know hun

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

wow Lisa, she looks really tubby! that may be a good sign...mine seem to not gain weight despite being fed approximately once a week, and a cricket about the same size as them.
    not really sure where they put it, but they are an active scorpion! maybe they just burn it off.

yeah i'd say your girl is FAT...and that can only be a good sign!

also, i have a rather round C keyserlingi. did you work out sexing methods for them? need to have a closer look.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

C. Keyserlingi: The males are smaller than the females. Not sure about pectinal teeth count but can always have a look at mine tonight.

I got 3f and 1m off lee (the male is easy to spot he has half a back leg missing lol) But he is slimmer and slightly shorter than the females.
      Out of the 3 females i have 2 gravids... at the moment they look like ping pong balls with limbs! Burrowing like mad too. They are still eating so still some time to go although i have noticed they are slowing down.

Thanks for the input on the u.granulatus. can only hope!
      If she is i doubt it was from when i posted a few weeks ago. might be from one of the earlier attempts??? When she is flat out you can start to see the intersegmental membrane.

I want to get excitied but i really need to exercise caution lol!

Comment

thanks for that info on the keyserlingi!
        i haven't put mine together, may give it a go but a bit nervous as i can't watch them all the time.

yeah don't want to count your chickens just yet do you!!
        just hope he makes good with my two girls after Leeds
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

The remaining c.keyserlingi M & F are living together ok. I separated the gravid females when they started being territorial.

I have a look in on them several times an evening but they seem to be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X