here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
    Time please and is it a regional or national show Mark?

Thankfully Andrew its regional!!!

BBC 1 west

Here is a publicity page posted today.. yeah I know I have the face for radio before anyone else says it.

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Also of course the bit about it being named after me is of course in the hands of the gods and taxonomists... and if some one does not try get there first etc. As that would be a real waste of 6 trips to the area and a heck of a lot of time, money and research.

Mind you I have had some great company along on the trips and made some great friends....

Myself and fellow mad arachno- adventurer Dean have been searching for this one since November 2003, and now have one half of the story the male, and have we now tracked down a juvenile so have an area to research on the next mad adventure. Hmm watch the film..

Hopefully this small bit of film highlights the BTS as a great deal of it is at the show, and perhaps a bit of realism about the tarantulas we all enjoy in this hobby.. yeah there will be a bit of BBC flamboyancy I expect.

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 23-09-08, 05:22 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

yeah I know I have the face for radio before anyone else says it
      Funny shaped head too lol . The picture on that page is a bit squashed up ( i hope) ! Nice one Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
        Funny shaped head too lol . The picture on that page is a bit squashed up ( i hope) ! Nice one Mark
        Matthew
        Yes its squashed up... looks like they took that from the filming in my spid room.. it was shot in wide screen 16.9 etc. Makes me look a lot weirder than normal if that's possible

Regards
        Mark

Comment

Nice one Mark. It's nice to see some positive publicity for a change

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
            For what? If it was upto me it would be for contracting every nasty flesh eating virus known too man , and i would be the one rubbing salt into the festering sores!! Sorry being a bit dark but i needed too vent before i went hunting for idiots!!!
            that's pretty dark, i guess but you should see inside my head when i think of those yob types! but this is a family board afterall. wastes of skin they is!

to answer your question...she should be (in)famous for her legendary stupidity! she'd be a laughing stock for the rest of her long, lonely days.
            of course, i can't really be that cruel...afterall, she may be ridiculously dumb about animals (and should be justly smacked for it), but maybe she's nice to kids and the elderly.
            ...naaah!

seriously though...Mark, it was nice to read some actual facts on a non-spider-related site! i wish you well in the race to get this spider identified so it can be named after you!
            i'll be sure to watch tomorrow!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
              Thankfully Andrew its regional!!!

BBC 1 west

Hopefully this small bit of film highlights the BTS as a great deal of it is at the show, and perhaps a bit of realism about the tarantulas we all enjoy in this hobby.. yeah there will be a bit of BBC flamboyancy I expect.

Cheers
              Mark
              I wouldn't say thankfully Mark. I'm sure we would all like to see the film clip. Is there any chance of getting a copy from the BBC and posting it here in the downloads sections perhaps?
              Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Hi Mark, can't believe we missed the TV clip, only just found out by accident it was on, have acutally just been into BBC i player but as far as I can tell it's already been deleted, but I do hope it's come out on the positive side for our eight legged friends. Regards

Comment

No, it's still there. Just watched it, and it's very well done.

Nice one Mark

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                    Hi Mark, can't believe we missed the TV clip, only just found out by accident it was on, have acutally just been into BBC i player but as far as I can tell it's already been deleted, but I do hope it's come out on the positive side for our eight legged friends. Regards
                    Linda
                    Go here

Then click on watch again... its the last ten mins of the show it can be fast forwarded if you want but if you watch the whole program its better and there are clips all the way through.

Jenny the producer did a great job on keeping it factual as there was a great deal of pressure to do a more sensationalist scaremonger thing.

However she really stood by her word and all credit to Jenny and the team to keep it real!... well done the BBC.

I have just had Andrew Smith on this morning who seem very please with the results and wants me to put the film here so will have to ask the BBC.

As its all in pure Bristolian view it with subtitles..

Cheers
                    Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, thanks for the pointer, we have just finished watching the programme, brilliant, it gives a good insight into keeping T's, and the effort that goes into finding new and illusive ones. This is definitely a clip to keep for the archives, and we look forward to having a Pennelli sling in the near future. Regards Linda

Comment

Working...
                      X