escaping T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• escaping T

we had settled down to watch the early evening movie having just fed all our T's, when we heard a rattle and a crash!!! and our adult female B. Emilia who is laid back to a fault, had climbed up the side of her tank and pushed the lid off! (She is housed in a 12 x 8 x 8 clearseal tank.) and was just about to absail down the outside. We have quiet a few larger and more active T's housed in these tanks, and we have never had this happen before, so now the lid is permanently weighted, so no more sterioids for her

Lucky you heard her. It's amazing how strong they are and the size of the gaps they can get through.

A laid back B. emilia? I have two females, and they are both hair kicking maniacs

My Collection:

Comment

Yeah i saw a video on you tube of a brachypelma removing the lid too it's enclosure and making a dash for it , before being promptly caught, it was amazing how it did it
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Phil, she is such a quiet laid back emilia, sometimes she's too lazy to go across the tank for a wax worm treat, but she is absolutely beautiful and hardly ever flicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
          Yeah i saw a video on you tube of a brachypelma removing the lid too it's enclosure and making a dash for it , before being promptly caught, it was amazing how it did it
          Thanks Mathew, we'll have to have a look at that one. Our B. Albopilosum and Vagans both adult females seem so content, I think you could leave the lid off them permanetly, and they seem quiet unbothered by general activities whilst maintaining their tanks. yet our sub adult Albopilosum and Smithi are flicking hairs and running around as soon as you lift their lid.

Comment

The only bad hair flickers i have are my l. parahybana , he is only a wee fella (about 4 inch) but im always coughing and scratching when i been in too his tank for whatever reason, suppose its better than being bitten

Comment

We have 3 L. parahybanas, 2 sub adult & 1 adult and they very rarely flick hairs at all and have fully covered abdomens, but the adult does go into a threatening posture if you get closer than 3 - 4 inches of her, so flicking is better than a bite any day.

Comment

That was a close one. Good job you were in the house when it happened!

I've never had any T's escape when I've not been there but my B. bohmei spiderling is truly nuts and as soon as the lids lifted it's out and sprinting across the carpet, hehe! I'm sure it'll be fun when it grows up

How's the N. chromatus settled in Linda?
                www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

Hi Craig, yes it's so out of character for her, my computer mouse moves around a lot more that she usually does. N. Chromatus, has settled in fine, he's taken to his hide and I will try him with some food tomorrow now he's got over his journey.

Comment

Here check this video out it is mad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYwSt2uxmCs"]YouTube - How Intelligent are Spider? -- the escape[/ame]

Comment

thanks for that Mathew, I've just checked that one out and that is the very same tank (the clearseal) that I keep her in. Judging by that I think I will stand the fridge on there overnight just to make sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                        Hi Craig, yes it's so out of character for her, my computer mouse moves around a lot more that she usually does. N. Chromatus, has settled in fine, he's taken to his hide and I will try him with some food tomorrow now he's got over his journey.
                        Good to hear he's settled in
                        I offered him a cricket the day before I sent him out but he didn't take it so he'll hopefully be ready for his meal tomorrow.

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
                        Here check this video out it is mad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYwSt2uxmCs
                        I saw this video a few months back. Its crazy how the T has actually figured out and remembered how to do that. The close ups were great where you really see it busting a gut to get it open.
                        www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

Working...
                        X