camera for T's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera for T's

Hi, has anyone any suggestions on a suitable camera for photographing T's. As we have no knowledge of digital cameras we were thinking up to £100 to enable us to download pics onto pc and then onto the site. We've had a look around the major stores but the choice is mind boggling with no knowledge. HELP

I took these with a Sony Ericsson K800i camera phone. You can get one in Tesco for under £80

The last two were taken through the glass, on macro setting with the red eye reduction flash on.

Hope this helps.
    Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

There is a vast range of cameras for under £100 on the market now...many years ago when digi first came into the forefront you had to spend in excess of £1000 to get anything near film quality (and in my opinion todays digital cameras are still not as good as a medium format)
      Things to look for....
      proper macro (altering internal focal lengths etc and not just sliding a magnifying lens over the original like on some cheaper digitals)
      optical zoom is preferable over digital (ie lengthen the foal length and not alter the pixel rate)
      you dont have to go to silly MB amounts.....4 MB is quite enough to get an A3 size image at 72 dpi if you wish to print it out.

Some phones (like Andrews) are very good, My son has a K800i and he takes some outstanding shots with it.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

also look out for 2nd hand ones. I've yet to have a bad 2nd hand camera... people into photography tend to look after their 'baby' lol!

You may get a better spec camera for your budget.
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks, Andrew, Colin & Lisa, we actually looked at Andrew's pics, earlier this evening, but did'nt realise a mobile actually reproduced such good photos, armed with the tips from Colin, we may sound a bit more professional when making enquiries, and a good idea Lisa, if you know that a 2nd hand one has been well looked after you could possibly pick up a bargain, it's certainly given us some ideas. Thanks all.

Comment

i have to agree with the sony cybershot phones. if you want a new mobile etc. as well, you cant go wrong with them. every pic i have taken, bar some handling pics that obviosuly arent on here, is taken with my k810i

eg.

Comment

Hi Jason, thanks for the pics, they have good colour and focus and as you say with mobile combined it makes sense, but we are now thinking is that same amount of money going to buy a better camera!

Comment

nowadays most probably lol

Comment

Working...
                X