Leeds Entomology Fair 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leeds Entomology Fair 2008

Colin... didn't know where to put this so I have put it here for now... feel free to move the thread!

It'll do fine right here m' lady

Sooooo... we went to the show and found this group of mad people!
    They tried to hide but i got them in the end lmao!!!!

Some rather HUGE!!!! moths!

Will be posting pics of the new additions in a bit
    Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 29-09-08, 08:37 PM.
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Those moths were amazing Lisa. I was surprised how they just hung there and posed.
    I saw the guy in the purple t-shirt but definitely didn't see Colin.
    Last edited by Andrew Ferguson; 28-09-08, 07:08 PM.
    Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

those moths were awesome.

Right at the end I went over again to have a closer look and could hear scratching from the ones that were about to hatch. I found three that were scratching their way out.
      I held another to my ear and the chuffing thing burst open in my ear! Gave me the fright of my life!

Comment

Was great too put names too faces and too meet some fantastic like minded folk , looking forward too our next encounters now

Comment

you got some nice photos there lisa. i recognise colin and james in the picture but who are the other people? would be nice to put the names to faces
          THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Hi everybody, great show, good to see everyone again and, as has already been said, put names to faces. I was wondering where people had got to at approx 1pm, then two well known faces appeared...Colin and James...Good to eventually meet Lisa and Matthew, Gemma, Andy, Shaun, and others who's names have been 'blurred' by this bottle of red wine that I'm drinking at the moment . I think the show was well attended for a first timer in Leeds and I hope it's on again next year. Big thanks to Sarah for organising it!

Comment

By the way, I'm the good looking guy in the purple T-shirt (now you know the wine's taking effect!)

Comment

hey Steve... I could of stood all day and watched you in a flap...

I bought a H lividum from you...

you lost your pen top.. and it miraculously turned up...on your pen... hehe

Can someone name the motley crew in the pic at the top of this post.. for those of us who aren't in the know...?

thanks

My "T" Collection:

Comment

Hi Steve, yeh, I was in a bit of a flap for a few minutes, wasn't I .
                  The motley crew in the top pic are, clockwise...Andy Hood, Colin Wilson, Shane ( Colin's son) and Matthew Baines (Lisa's better half!). Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Baines View Post
                    Colin... didn't know where to put this so I have put it here for now... feel free to move the thread!

What a great looking group... and all them BTS shirts too.

Shame Steve Mc had to ruin the photo.

Only joking Steve

I wish I could have been there folks guess it will have to be a group shot at the AES...

Thanks for posting the pics
                    Regards
                    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

I hope it is on next year. or maybe us 'northern folk' could arrange one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                        What a great looking group... and all them BTS shirts too.
                        James, Shane and myself had seemed to have gone for the "BTS T shirts through the ages" theme and i had about a dozen people ask about joining & benefits of the society when running back and forth to the car with (mainly shane and james') new purchases.

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                        Shame Steve Mc had to ruin the photo.
                        WHO ????
                        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

ROFL.

As a thought... i really dont like wearing t-shirts, but like vest tops / strappy tops... would the BTS ever consider doing some more female styled tops????

Comment

In purple by any chance????
                            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

i wouldn't mind hun... it is my favorite colour after all

But i'd be happy with any colour hun lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X