ups and downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ups and downs

hi guys. i am slightly annoyed as my b.emilia moulted the day b4 yesterday and due to the fact she is still on her back now and not making any movements i have come to the conclusion that she has died. i never had any problems with Ts and moulting before but the last one i had moult was a b.albiceps and it got stuck and died. now the b.emelia has gone and died after a moult. ggrrrrrrr!!!
    on the plus side i picked up one hell of a bargain. i got x3 1inch p.rufilata in tanks for £20, cant be bad
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

shame about your loss
    but what a gain!!!
    Are you going to try these as communal? they really are a top community species.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Matthew m8,

Just nature sometimes has a habit of breaking ur heart.
      2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Yes mate, shame about the emilia, never nice when you lose one.....but as you say the pokies were not too bad a deal at all.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi Mathew, sorry to hear the T's died, just a thought, do you make sure they have access to plenty of water just prior to their moult? We usually put in a large shallow dish and it's not unusual to see them sitting in it near to their moulting time.

Comment

all my Ts have regularly topped up water dishes and i have digital humidity gauges so i know there wasnt an issue there, guess its just one of those things.
            peter, i was going to try and start a community, being the main reason i bought 3. i was told by another member of the club that they were too large to put together as every time he has tried he has ended up with just 1 fat T lol. i know you have to introduce them young but apparently these aren't young enough
            THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Its always a risk with any community but so far so good for me. Check out the community I had running, until the males decided to mature:
              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

nice one peter, i think i will prob keep these seperate, am looking to start a p.miranda or p.regalis community, will keep my eyes peeled for slings and start em straight away

Comment

gutting about the emilia, i also lost one (a juvenile) to a bad moult

nice one with the Pokies though, that really is a bargain!
                  Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Working...
                  X