any tips on keeping m.robustum????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tips on keeping m.robustum????

just got a little columbian redleg shes about 1.5" i have never kept slings before and any tips on keeping them and the sp. would be good thanks
    Mikey...

hi michael, congrats on the new addition. i have never kept megaphobema before but as far as i know you can keep them much the same as you would a brachypelma or grammostola, although they wuld prob benefit from a slightly moister tank than you would keep a brachypelma in. as for the fact that its a sling, what size sling is it?
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

she is about 1.5 inches
      Mikey...

Comment

well just keep her as you would an adult T, obviously slightly smaller enclosure but she can live with no special requirements and would eat normal size crickets/small locusts
        THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

thanks man they are beautiful t,s. and have a verry unusual deffence.she showd me when i put her in her enclosure lol there will be pics up soon
          Mikey...

Comment

Just a a word to the wise...as posted previously on here by another BTS member.
            When they have moulted it's best to leave them completely undisturbed untill they are completely hardened off.
            Unfortunately, whilst freshly moulted and a picture oportunity presented itself, this persons spider decided to use it's unique defence after being disturbed by the photography and ended up slicing it's own abdomen open, and i believe the spider didn't make it.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

not good!!!!!!
              Mikey...

Comment

Not really no.
                Still, as the chap says, his loss enabled him to pass on the valuable advice to others.

Comment

what is this unique defence you speak of? lol

Comment

they stick there back legs in the air and spin round and have sharp bits on there back legs
                    Mikey...

Comment

As Mikey says they spin around and attempt to hit any predator with the sharp "spine like" appendages on their hind legs.
                      before this, as a first attempt to scare off predators, they stretch out their legs, and bob up and down repeatedly to intimidate the predator.

Comment

its looks so cool lol
                        Mikey...

Comment

wow!! i want one

Comment

they are beautifull t,s aswel
                            Mikey...

Comment

Amazing spider Matt..beautiful looking and unique in it's mannarisms.
                              I'll be after another when the £ come rolling in again

Comment

Working...
                              X