All so soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All so soon!

yesterday a few new Ts arrived for me from Peter's list... this included a male P.formosa, who was supposed to be a sub-adult, but he sneakily went and matured very recently! anyway, I placed him in a tub in my adult female's tank to see what their reaction was to each other... my girl has got herself securely webbed in in a corner behind some cork bark and has been there for weeks... she also hasn't eaten for a couple of weeks.
    I came down this morning to find that mr. formosa had made himself a beautiful sperm web and is currently loading up!
    How long should/can I leave him before putting them together? I was planning on feeding her up and was hoping that she'd respond a bit more to his presence (ie come out from her corner!)

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

well he has finished loading up and is now resting in the corner... I've chucked some crickets in for the female and will probably introduce him when I get back from work later... I'll just play it by ear I guess

Comment

Dont rush it ! The sperm in his bulbs will be good for some time. Read up about it and make sure everything is perfect . I took ages before i introduced my male and female haplopelma species. Just because i felt i would have had more success if i knew everything was perfect and that i had planned everything and researched like crazy/ got advice from people with a good knowledge of breeding the species(Thanks Mark ). I made sure they were both extremely well fed too particularly the female. I also nearer the time placed there enclosures adjacent with each other. Do it all at your pace , but dont take too long . But that is what i would do , dont know if anyone else agrees with me. Just make sure you and the tarantulas are 100% ready.
      Last edited by Matthew Baines; 08-10-08, 09:24 AM.

Comment

^^^^ What he said

Slow down grrl!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X