Post sac mating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post sac mating...

I have heard different opinions on different boards so thought I'd post here and ask...

How soon after a female drops a sac can she be mated again?

some say after she moults again, some say she's receptive immediately... opinions?

I personally have only had success after a moult Jon.

from my notes......
    G rosea moulted 7 months after laying egg sac, tried mature male with her in the time before this moult with no success as she chased him off every time, four weeks after moult we tried again with the same male (hoping he would be ok) and a positive mating took place...no egg sac produced so Male presumed infertile possibly due to age
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Ok... because right now I have a RCF rosie with sac - should hatch quite soon actually. And I also have a mature male... I was hoping to get a few matings out of him and wondered how likely that would be.

He's a gorgeous colour so it would be a shame to waste him!

Comment

"Might" be a while untill you can mate her again then. Like i say though this is only my observations on trying to mate ASAP, i usually try to make it a yearly/two yearly thing.

You could advertise him on the classified section as "mature male available for 50/50" and let him do his rounds
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I have a girl that I'd like to try if you want to go 50/50, I also have a sub-male which you can borrow once he matures if you like?

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

You're welcome to him... Come to the lab any time - (before about 4 as I tend to leave around then). I'd like him back if it's successful but the ladies are unpredictable. I haven't done all the work I'd like to with him, so the end of this week or next week if you'd like.

Comment

Working...
            X