Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Question. Different Sizes!!

Hi there again.
    * Well I made a blunder with my sizes! The tank I have for my Salmon Pink is 24x8x8in. (LxBxH). Is this suitable for a full size Pink.
    I am in the process of making a Tarantula Room and I am hoping that this size of tank is good. I know it is a wee touch narrow but the shop I got the tank from only has tanks that are this size at a good price for me. I may be able to get wider tanks but it could mean alot more expence to me, I could also go to a glazier and get glass cut and attempt to make my own but I am not too sure as yet.
    * I also need to get tanks or housing for my Two Sri-Lankan Ornimentals, does anyone have any suggestions, ie. length, breadth, height etc. This would be helpful if you guys could give any suggestions.
    * Do Tarantulas get over stressed in living in smaller than usual confines?

Lee

Hi, I can't say for sure on your tank in relation to your T, look up a few husbandry fact sheets online for advice. If you do need more tanks, I highly recomend thespidershop, good variety and very reasonable prices. I found as well, Lee is quite a knowledgeable, helpful chap. He may well advise you well or point you in the direction of sound advice.
    I did read somewhere that a T in the wild will not usually go further than a few inches from its chosen spot / burrow / hide, so if there is that space, you ought to be ok. I'm sure some of the more learned members on here will confirm or disprove this though! (I only read it).

Comment

Hi Andrew, unless you have got a really big Parabhyana, I would put a divider in the tank, we did that with one the same size as you are speaking of, and we find our female 6"ls content in the one half, plus if they climb too high in tall tanks, being on the heavy side, they can injure themselves, and as we have said previously in threads, a lot of T's are just not happy in bigger than necessary tanks.

Comment

to be honest you could get something of better dimensions at the pound shop for very little. plastic is just fine, the T won't care but the T's leg span at full size will probably exceed the 8 inch width (as i said on the other tnread). that being said T's will apparently adapt to small conditions, and think of the space as a burrow. personally i like erring on the side of space, but that isn't always possible. i'd say give it a shot but be aware you may end up rehousing a large, grumpy T in the near future.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X