Sex anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
    Hint and tip, if you ever see a cheap Belomo loupe, grab it. They're made in Belarus, and the optics are brilliant.
    Taken on board and stored in long term memory, thanks mate

*edit* just had a scout round and the BelOMO 10x Triplet Loupe Magnifier is only $35 retail....not a bad price if you make good use of it.
    Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 14-10-08, 09:17 PM.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

That's the fellow

Can't remember how much I paid for mine as I've had it for years

My Collection:

Comment

loupe

My knowledge on these is exactly zero so I don't know what "cheap" is but this Item number: 160292065598 on ebay is about £23.50 inc shipping from USA. Any good?

Comment

I had a scout around on Ebay Alex and must have come across that one at some point, thanks for taking the time to look though.
          Most of the belomo auctions were for cameras...must admit i was tempted by a few....can't beat a timely film camera with brilliant optics in my opinion.

*edit* forgot to answer your actual question (duh).
          Yes mate, thats not too bad a price...however i'm going to wait a bit and pop it into the "well Dad...what do you want for Xmas" category
          Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 15-10-08, 04:01 PM.
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Having read the review on that item number, I have to agree that the Belomo is just as clear as a Bausch & Lomb loupe. I've got a B & L one at work, which wasn't cheap (about three times the price if I remember), is plastic, and the optics are no better.

The only criticism I have with them, and bear in mind that this is after many years of use with mine, is that the screws can loosen slightly. A small screwdriver and a dab of blue Loctite threadlock has solved the problem
            Last edited by Phil Rea; 15-10-08, 08:15 PM.

My Collection:

Comment

oooo thanks for the tip
              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
              X