Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol!
    yeah was a fantastic day!
    had time for a chat with just about everyone i know, and met a few new people as well.
    got some good stuff, and despite Peter Lacey's skepticism, those massive tanks have indeed cut down on space! and what's more, the spiders like them, which is the most important thing.
    i managed to obtain one of a breeding trio of Aphonopelma sp "new river" from Lee, the other two to be sent this Saturday.
    also got a fantastic little Paraphysa sp from Martin that i've not seen before, sp "copper" is i think the designation, though that sells it short by far.
    Lee also just gave me a couple Heteropoda sp that are really nicely marked.
    thanks to all who had a go ID'ing my mystery spider...so far the guesses are:
    Nhandu carapoensis
    an "ugly" male Argentinian Grammastola aureostriata (though i resent the word ugly! he/she is lovely if you look at it for more than .5 of a second!)
    Euathlas sp
    Paraphysa sp
    something from Peru, Chile or Argentina (if i remembered that right).
    think i'll just label it Theraphosa sp "South America" for now and hope when it moults it's a bit more obvious!

at any rate, while this is not as good as the BTS expo (obviously lol), it is a fantastic show, and the fact it's not a nightmare to get to is a boon.
    it was really well attended and lots of fun.

as for Bill Bailey, sadly i didn't see him! if he joins the forum though, calling him Mark Bailey will hopefully help maintain his privacy!
    though calling him Bill would obviously be free advertising for us...hmm...
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

A great day. Didn't get chance to scoot to the bts table, i got grabbed and Tyler got stolen! lol
      I didn't buy anything but my loverly friends gave me some goodies!

Good to meet some new faces - Peter Lacey, Julie, Sylvi (are they on here???) and of course see some familiar ones! Colin, Mary, Dan and others!

Comment

Yes, THE Bill (Mark) Bailey. I have to say that he was very polite and well-spoken. Sorry I missed you Peter; we will catch up soon I'm sure (I might be niping down to Cold Blooded on Sunday - if I do, I'll give you a shout)!
        Nice to catch up with a few people there. And those barbecue-flavoured bamboo worms were real tasty!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Norris View Post
          A great day. Didn't get chance to scoot to the bts table, i got grabbed and Tyler got stolen! lol
          I didn't buy anything but my loverly friends gave me some goodies!

Good to meet some new faces - Peter Lacey, Julie, Sylvi (are they on here???) and of course see some familiar ones! Colin, Mary, Dan and others!
          We are indeed We had a great day, nice to catch up on `old friends and meet lots of new ones! I spent most of my money on tea in the cafe - I think I spent most of the day there, next year I'll have to bring a kettle n tea bags.......... oh alright and some coffee Colin so long as you don't hog Tyler the most next time!

Comment

Working...
          X