Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Rosea molting question?

Hi all,
    My chile rose showing signs of an imminent molt, she has been fasting for 2 weeks,i come home everyday hoping she has or even better is.
    i'd just like to know from your experiences how long your chile's fasted for before molt? And are there any later signs to look out for?
    I have looked on the net, but i would rather hear from your experiences,

Thanks

any T can stay in pre moult for weeks. are there any other signs of impending moult? such as darkening of colour, perhaps startin to lay a web mat. purely fasting is not necessarily a sign of a moult, they do have a habit of not eating for long periods of time
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

She developed a bald patch which has darkened considerably and she has span a lot of web, i understand all this i was just asking how long in your experience has your chile rose fast before it molted

Comment

like i say it could be any amount fo time, she wont do it until she feels the conditions are right, it could be tonight, it could be in 3 weeks, you never know, hope she moults ok though, good luck
        THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

LOL The infamous rosea molt waiting game. Lets just say Lee it's like watching paint dry. The more you watch the longer it takes it seems. Most likely you will check on her and it will be over, but don't be too disheartened you catch her eventually LOL Good luck.
          2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Working...
          X