Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam

Its been a few years since I broke some new ground looking for wild tarantulas as programme-making projects and lecturing commitments have kept me going back to Peru so I thought I'd investigate Vietnam this year.

No details yet - I'll be doing an article for the journal in due course, but I think we have another new Asian arboreal tarantula to get in a froth about.

I'll sort out a few pics when the jetlag eases off

Martin
    The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those who got there first!

OoooooH arboreal, the more the better, i really look forward to seeing and hearing about what you have found. You definetly have the life, travelling to these places and getting yourself into a WOMENSmagazine
    Cheers
    Brendan

Comment

Vietnam

ooh - you tease!

Let me guess, brown, leggy and with a tiger-stripe abdomen

Just so long as it isn't a boring metallic blue

Richard

Comment

Vietnam

Evolution designs 'em RG, I just find them
        The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those who got there first!

Comment

Hey TV
          Don't you mean Julie found them while you were having your nails and make up done in your mobile home!

No seriously Martin - we all look forward to seeing the pictures and reading all about your adventure in the Nam.

I am off now to play All along the watchtower by Jimmy Hendrix to get me in the mood!

Regards
          Mark

------------------------------------------------------
          Serious Ink tattoo studio -
          Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Re: Vietnam

Hi,

Originally posted by Richard Gallon
            ooh - you tease!

Let me guess, brown, leggy and with a tiger-stripe abdomen
            not all species from Vietnam are boring brown and tiger striped: >>click here<< or >>click here<< =

Cheers,
            Martin
            »ARACHNE« – The Journal of the German Arachnology Society

Comment

Re: Vietnam

not all species from Vietnam are boring brown and tiger striped: >>click here<< or >>click here<< =

Cheers,
              Martin[/quote]

There's always an exception to every rule

I must admit I'm really interested to see what Martin's found Please don't milk the suspence too long TV - it's killing me

Comment

Vietnam

Thank you Martin, and may you live forever! Your joint article with Volker in the journal shows an understanding and innovation in tarantula husbandry that puts many to shame.

Haplopelma schmidti (or sp. depending on which instant-expert you talk to) eluded me on this trip. I did however find what is commonly called by the wholesale trade, the "Vietnam Black" in the volcanic terra-firma forest in some numbers, making use of land-crab burrows with a substantially silked entrance (photos to be posted when I pull them off the digi camera)

Richard, Metallic Blue is so "last year" Brown is the new blue - or is it the old green? (I Never remember!)

Mark, try "Ride of the Valkaries" from Apocalypse Now - much more relevant to riding on Vietnamese roads!

[/i]

Comment

Nice looking forward to seeing some pics

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

"White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane is probably more appropriate Martin. Nothing like travelling down a river, dense forest on either side with Rock music blaring.
                    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                    On
                    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Originally posted by RayHale
                      "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane is probably more appropriate Martin. Nothing like travelling down a river, dense forest on either side with Rock music blaring.
                      If only! Now that would be nice!Next time if I ever go to the jungle I´m going with you Ray, as when you go with Mark you end more in the river than out because you up have to pull the boat up river!
                      I must admit it was good fun though even after the 4 hour of doing this lol

Comment

up the river

Tescos
                        It was more like five hours, and we were behind you all the way as your flat bottomed boat sped up river, the only thing that keep us going that last mile up to our knees in the river was - all the tiger beer was on your boat!

It was great fun though...... I think next time will bring a getto blaster with all the very best Nam movie tracks on!

The river to the forest camp

setting off

Regards
                        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
                        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

The origonal 6min + of White Rabbit by Grace Slickand the Great Society was far better than the later Jeff Airpalne version

Looking forward to see what you found Martin (TV Martin that is)

Interestingly Sericopelma sp In Panama also utilise old land crab burrows....without the silk, actually without any silk.

Ray

Comment

I knew that Ray about Grace Slick but I didnt want to admit to being quite as old as you.
                            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                            On
                            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

LOL.

I guess you are just a "coneseur" of the classic 60s stuff.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                              X