looking for leftovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for leftovers

hi there everyone me again. just a small problem literally. i know when i,ve fed my young spiders i have to get rid of any left overs in the tank for hygiene reasons the problem is the crickets are so small i cant find any remains of them. would this lead to any problems in the tank or more to the point the youngsters living there. it,s literally like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. i know i,ve asked a lot of questions but i want to do my best for these two youngsters and i really do appreciate the help i,ve had from everyone on this website thank,s.

Helo vin mate, should be fine i'm sure. My smithi is roughly the same size as yours and i've barely found any left over remains at all par a few odd occations. When they were left they were fairly noticeable too.

So not to worry basically. Has the little fella settled in now then matey?

Mike
    Last edited by Michael Peachey; 04-11-08, 10:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

hi michael sorry it,s taken so long to reply i,ve just got in from work. thank,s for your help. sometimes you just need reasuring your doing all the right things.as for her settleing down she,s not doing bad. she still spends time at the top but she ventures half way down now and then. she,s been on the bottom at some point i know this because theres light webbing over the floor of the tank. thank,s agin for your help mate much appreciated.

Comment

haveing around 30 slings in different stages feeding an maintaining them can be difficult. I feed mine on hatchlings to small crix but i rarely find left overs, but when i go to check my juv's theres usually a dead locaust or legs floating around. But then i have a fully grown KingBaboon and i witnessed a large locaust die in it burrow and i have no way of removeing it any ideas?
        Proud member of the BTS

Comment

oh dear haha, yea i can definatly see the problem. I dont think i'd want to poke my fingers or anything near a kingbaboon. I guess you've not really got much choice other then to leave it till you re-soil the ground haha.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferguson View Post
            But then i have a fully grown KingBaboon and i witnessed a large locaust die in it burrow and i have no way of removeing it any ideas?
            Long bendy bit of copper wire and a blob of sticky stuff on the end (your choice, nothing toxic obviously)
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi Alex, we have the same trouble with our King Baboon, she sometimes leaves the remains of her fuzzy webbed in her hide. So we use a piece of wire coathanger bent into a loop at the end, and one of those small dentists type mirrors, with an extension on the handle,to enable us to see it. That ususally works for us!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                Hi Alex, we have the same trouble with our King Baboon, she sometimes leaves the remains of her fuzzy webbed in her hide. So we use a piece of wire coathanger bent into a loop at the end, and one of those small dentists type mirrors, with an extension on the handle,to enable us to see it. That ususally works for us!!
                Do you wears dentists clothing at the same time?

Mike

Comment

But of course Mike, hygine is a must

Comment

I bought some 45 cm long feeding tongues for when i have too fish things out of my haplopelma tanks. Great for taking water dishes out too when they need cleaning , especailly with the male who doesn't have a burrow
                    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I've heard that a medical endoscope is useful in these situations

To be honest, I wouldn't worry hugely about it

My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                      X