Tank cleaner woodlice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank cleaner woodlice

Can anyone give me feedback on tank cleaner woodlice. I have seen them for sale in a cultured form. Has anyone purchased this and how did you get on with regard to starting them up ie: how to feed and get them started up.
    Am I wasting my time and should I just pop down the back garden and look for some under a brick. Are they the same ones to use for a clean up squad!!

I just use the Garden variety, keep them in a damp tub for a couple of weeks and feed them veg / salad / tropical fish food flakes.
    They breed prolifically in these conditions.
    Then pop them into your spiders tank.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Same here Colin
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Just a quick question here, do they regulate themselves in a spider tank? Obviously there isn't going to be veg/salad in there for them, but I do use live plants. So will the bolus/moss/odd leaf be enough to keep them ticking over?

My Collection: - Support CB

Comment

They'll keep the vast majority of waste products to a minimum, you don't really need to add anything....if you do add a bit of food for them, then tropical fish flakes will be best as they will eat this ravenously and it doesn't normally mould over
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
          X