Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mating to egg sack

Good afternoon all,

I'm new to the site so firstly, hello to you all.

I've just come back from my local pet shop having just mated my female mex. red knee. I'd just like to know if anyone knows of an approx. timescale between the mating and how long it takes for her to produce the egg sack please?

Also is there anyway of speeding the process up, e.g. by increasing the temperature in the viv.?

I'm asking this as I have a mild concern due to the fact she could have her next moult in the next 2 - 3 months.

Thanks in advance for your help

Matt

Hi Matthew and welcome to the forum.
    I'd say almost certainly that it would take more than 3 months so you may find she moults and therefore losses the sperm. Keep your fingers crossed, B. smithi is slow at everything so you may find its a success. Out of interest why do you think she has an upcoming moult?
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find it very interesting, and informative.

Comment

Hello. Thankyou for your reply. I think she may moult soon as the patch on her back is starting to go dark again. When it turned dark for her last pre-molt it did however take her another 2-3months to eventually moult. I have many other species at home but my B.Smithi is my first species to have a go at breeding.

Many thanks for your reply and help.
        Matthew

Comment

Hello. Thankyou for your welcome. I have many species of tarantula in my care and I'm sure this forum will help me a great deal.

Many Thanks
          Matthew

Comment

Working...
          X