BTS journal arrived v23 No. 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS journal arrived v23 No. 4

Thanks Angela for getting the new journal out, already drooling over it.

Thanks Ray for the BTS members analysis. In your bid to separate Wales and Scotland you completely forgot about the English, lmao! oh, and its Country not County, surely?

good work by all who contributed, much appreciated.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

The whole member analysis thing was pretty cool. I dunno if I got confused or not but how come plate 1 said there was 8 Scottish members but plate 2 has 16 dots in Scotland. I see there's another member living near me. It'd be good to meet them. Always keen to meet like minded people.
    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Yes another good read folks, but Ray, you made a typo in the last paragraph of the member breakdown, you put or the publisher put, toady for today, I laughed at that I tell ya. I noticed no numbers for English members too, but interesting none the less, thank you.
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

I blame the editor lol.

Yes there are slight differences between the text and the map. Basically Ray sent the membership list to me (from which I generated the map) a few months after he'd written the article, so any discrepancies are due to renewals/new members and the like which occured in the interim.

It's also a lot easier to see which country a particular town is in from a map - rather than a list of postcodes lol.

"toady" and "county" - bugger, I missed those, but so did the proof reader

Cheers,
        Richard

Comment

Nice to know that there's a third member along the coast up here Richard

My Collection:

Comment

Haven't got my journal yet because I'm not at home. If there is anyone near me on the map who can look in on my spids during the next couple of weeks can you please PM me or e-mail me. most of my spids are ok but I've got a couple of juvies and an "about to moult" bohemi juvie which might need checking on. Many thanks.
            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

hopefully my change of address email came through or i don't know if i'll see the journal!
              looking forward to it though, if it arrives
              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

What???

I haven't had my journal yet

Don't forget about me

Comment

Our journal has not turned up yet either

Comment

I'm sure they'll filter their way through the postal system within the next few days. Remember that 1st class postage doesn't mean next day delivery anymore - like it did in the past!!
                    Cheers,
                    Richard

Comment

Hi everyone just to let you know that we no longer send all of the journals out at once. We now have to send them out in batches as our wonderful post office will not accept them in large numbers. Its a pain as we have to make about twenty trips.
                      Rest assured they will get to you soon.

Angela
                      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                      On
                      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Thats a bit strange, surely the post office should send what you want sent!

Comment

Richard, I CANNOT imagine you saying bugger, you are such a quiet lad.
                          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Gallon View Post
                            I'm sure they'll filter their way through the postal system within the next few days. Remember that 1st class postage doesn't mean next day delivery anymore - like it did in the past!!
                            Cheers,
                            Richard
                            To be honest neither does guaranteed next day delivery as we found when 2 of my dads slings were stuck in the post for 2 days and turned up dead due to the cold. Royal mail need to sort them selves out badly before someone else comes along and puts them out of business!! Just shows you privatisation doesn't work!

Comment

Got my journal today, so this means I will add the PDF version to the BTS members area (codes etc.) and update the e-store.

Cheers
                              Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                              Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                              Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

Working...
                              X