Converting pdf into english????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting pdf into english????

There's this pdf file in a different language, german I think, but I don't know how to convert it to english
    From the pictures, I reckon it's about O.aureotibialis and H.longipes, the site where you can download from calls it this:

Von Wirth, V. & B.F. Striffler. 2005.
    Neue Erkennstisse zur Vogelspinnen – Unterfamilie Ornithoctoninae, mit Beschreibung von Ornithoctonus aureotibialis sp. n. und Haplopelma longipes sp. n. (Araneae, Theraphosidae).
    Arthropoda 13(2): 2-27.

I'm sorry if that makes absolutely no sense lmao
    Is it available in english at all?

Samantha

Originally posted by Samantha Lewanewsky View Post
    There's this pdf file in a different language, german I think, but I don't know how to convert it to english
    From the pictures, I reckon it's about O.aureotibialis and H.longipes, the site where you can download from calls it this:

Von Wirth, V. & B.F. Striffler. 2005.
    Neue Erkennstisse zur Vogelspinnen – Unterfamilie Ornithoctoninae, mit Beschreibung von Ornithoctonus aureotibialis sp. n. und Haplopelma longipes sp. n. (Araneae, Theraphosidae).
    Arthropoda 13(2): 2-27.

I'm sorry if that makes absolutely no sense lmao
    Is it available in english at all?

Samantha
    Hi Samantha
    I dont think you can translate a pdf as such but what you can do is copy and paste it into an internet translator such as

I tried your supplied quote and got

New Erkennstisse to the bird spiders – lower family Ornithoctoninae, with description of Ornithoctonus aureotibialis sp. n. and Haplopelma longipes sp. n. (Araneae, Theraphosidae). Arthropoda 13(2) : 2-27.

it may struggle with some bits but give you enough to work out the gist of the pdf

all the best
    Clinton

Maxine 9 - 9.5 inch Lasiodora Parahybana
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Pet charity site http://www.sponsoracat.org.uk/

Comment

As far as I am aware it has not been translated. No reason for it to be. It's not that difficult to extract key information from it, as mostly papers follow a fairly set format.

Some PDF files are protected so that you can't copy from them which could be an additional problem if you're trying to translate it online.

If you have a specific query, post it up on here, as one of the original authors is sometimes about, and there are many native German speakers around too (who have a better chance than me of correctly translating!)
      Last edited by Phil Rea; 17-11-08, 09:36 AM.

My Collection:

Comment

Thanks for your help guys
        I've used an online converter and just done bits at a time, there's some really interesting stuff on there, I should really learn german!

Comment

Working...
        X