G.Rosea help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Rosea help needed

Hi all, about 2 months ago my G.rosea stopped eating and her abdomen did darken in colour, i thought great she is going to molt, 2 months pass and still nothing, i heard someone say they can just fast sometimes, so i tried a cricket, didn't touch it, ran away if anything so i took the cricket out, a week later tried a wax worm, slowly she walked to it grabbed it and ate it, then yesterday she ate another but won't go near crickets, is this anything you have come across, she also dug out a corner and spends a lot of time sitting in a dip in the substrate, is she going to molt or just being weird?

You could call it being weird, but the correct term is "being a G.rosea"

My Collection: - Support CB

Comment

i'd say that's fairly typical rosea behaviour!
      if she's eating, you may still be waiting a while for the moult.
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

our was due a molt in may! She's looking rather fat in the abdomen and scabby. Some weeks she eats, others she doesn't or just plain goes off her food for a month!

Just to irritate the chuff out of you! So yup... sounds pretty normal to me

Comment

they are enfuriating and can stress you out, but they are so worth it!
          one of the most beautiful and underrated spiders around, in my opinion.
          to be honest i've learned to relax and just accept that they aren't going to eat every time, and they'll moult when they choose. they're nigh bulletproof, so not alot to worry about!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Working...
          X