moving house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving house

Hi All, my family and I have finally been offered a house (there is me , my partner, 2 kids and lots of animals) I'm worried about how to move my small collection of spids. we are only moving down the street and would like any ideas how i can move my collection without them dying, as we have decided to move everything by hand as its only a few doors down the road. I live at the top of a hill so the wind chill factor is quite high. I am worried that moving them without an extra heat source ( while outdoors) will damage them permanently or worse. I'm open to any suggestions and will feedback how it goes.

Thanks in advance

Craig
    41 of the following species
    A. geniculata, A. seemani, A. versicolor, B. albopilosum, B. annitha, B. auratum, B. boehmei, B. ruhnai, B. schroederi, B. smithi, B. vagans, C. cyaneopubescens, C. fasciatum, Cyriopagopus sp "Singapore blue", E. campestratus, G. aureostriata/pulcheripes, G. formosa, G. rosea, G. rosea (rcf), N. coloratovillosus, P. irminia, P. rufilata, P. metallica, Pseudhapalopus sp "blue"

Originally posted by Craig White View Post
    Hi All, my family and I have finally been offered a house (there is me , my partner, 2 kids and lots of animals) I'm worried about how to move my small collection of spids. we are only moving down the street and would like any ideas how i can move my collection without them dying, as we have decided to move everything by hand as its only a few doors down the road. I live at the top of a hill so the wind chill factor is quite high. I am worried that moving them without an extra heat source ( while outdoors) will damage them permanently or worse. I'm open to any suggestions and will feedback how it goes.

Thanks in advance

Craig
    Hi Craig

When most suppliers ship livestock they use heat packs within the boxes and that is usually enough heat to keep T's toastie for a day or two untill they arrive.
    As your only going to be doing a short journey I probably wouldnt worry too much to be honest, as some people pop T's into fridges for a short spell to slow the faster, aggressive spieces down enough to be able to inspect or rehome them.
    However if your really worried you could get hold of the heat packs or make do with putting them in a box and wrapping it in a blanket etc?
    Good luck and let us know how it went...man I hate moving house!
    Last edited by colin haris; 18-11-08, 09:45 AM.

Comment

wow man you're lucky, really lol...only moving a few doors down!
      i recently moved from south to north london...my pets required two of my friend's cars as i didn't trust the back of a lorry lol...nightmare!
      they were fine without heating for the whole day... (though the snake was a bit slow when i rehoused him later!) if you're only going a few doors down, apart from the annoyance of having to go back and forth, your animals are probably going to be ok just for that short trip!

but yeah as Colin says, heat packs are a good idea if you're really worried. think they last 24 hours?

honestly i doubt it'll be too bad.

good luck moving though, hope it all goes smoothly!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

You wont do any of them harm by exposing them to the elements for the short journey from A to B.
        0.1.0 G.Rosea 0.1.0 B.Smithi 0.1.0 A.Seemanni 0.1.0 A.Avicularia 0.1.0 A.Versicolour 0.1.0 H.Vietnam sp 1.1.0 H.Lividium 0.2.0 P.Murinus 0.0.1 B.Vagans 0.0.1 L.Parahybana 1.0.0 S.Rubronitens 0.0.1 A.Bicoloratum 0.1.0 N.Chromatus 0.1.0 B.Klaasi 0.0.1 B.Albopilosa 0.1.0 C.Crawshayi 0.2.1 P.Scrofa 0.1.0 E.Pachypus 0.0.1 P.Regalis 0.1.0 T.Blondi 0.1.0 S.Javenisis 0.0.1 E.Campestratus 0.0.1 H.Gigas 1.0.0 I.Hirsutum 0.1.0 P.Cambridgei 0.0.1 C.Cyaneopubescens 0.1.0 H. Villosetta

Comment

Working...
        X