tank size advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank size advice!

Dear all, I have a juvenile smithi and she is about 2-3 inches big. I currently have her in a small tank but the smallest heat mat I can get my hands on is still too big for the back of her tank. So i was thinking about transferring her to my larger tank where i used to keep my fully grown chile rose so I can attach the mat properly to the back of the tank. Is this ok or should I keep her in the smaller tank til she gets a bit bigger? Big tank is about 30cmx20cmx25cm, thanks greig

i don't personally see any problem with that!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Me neither, if the tank seems a bit sparce then pop some logs or flattish rocks in there to add a bit of tactile stimulation.
      You could design the tank to incorporate a few hiding areas so the spider may choose for itself.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Please do not forget the mat-stat as well Better safe that sorry.
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

you could always put your smaller tank inside the larger one with the heat mat on the back of it? Not ideal but it would save you rehousing until he/she is larger.

Comment

Working...
          X