New to tarantulas world, some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to tarantulas world, some questions

Hey guys, i'm happy to be accepted on this forum.I have a A. Geniculata juvenile and i'm waiting for her molt.For this species is good to have a temp of 23-25 celsius and a humidity of 70-90 ?This are my stats..Any advice?
    Thank you !

Sry for my mistakes, not so good with the english ^_^

Hi Popa and welcome to the forum, the A. Geniculata is a nice tarantula, and usually spend most of their time in the open, leastways ours usually do. I'd say you're about right with the stats, if it's in premoult. You'll find lots of advice and help on hand on the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Hi Popa, welcome to the forum.

Like Linda says if in premoult then the temp and humidity are about right. After the moult you could let the humidity level out at around 70 - 75 although this is not drastically important as the geniculata is a fairly robust spider and will adapt to any environment not to far from the norm.
        Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 22-11-08, 05:55 PM. Reason: forgot to italisise ....tired !!!
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thank you all !

Comment

One more thing... when i bought the tarantula that guy told me that the tarantula must moult.How much its takes from the first sign that tarantula must moult untill she moult?

I hope you understand what i ment to say...

Comment

Hi Popa, the first sign of a tarantula going into pre moult is a lack of interest in food, and generally lethargic, then general darkening of the abdomen. The time it takes for this process varies widely depending on the age and type of tarantula. Remove any un eaten food, live crickets etc.,

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                Hi Popa, the first sign of a tarantula going into pre moult is a lack of interest in food, and generally lethargic, then general darkening of the abdomen. The time it takes for this process varies widely depending on the age and type of tarantula. Remove any un eaten food, live crickets etc.,
                Yea the tarantula doesn't eat and has a dark spot on the abdomen.I hope she moult soon

Comment

Hi Popa, when she does start the moult she will usually lay a mat and then flip onto her back, do not disturb her when she does this. Leave her quiet and just wait, it's usually over in a few hours, and afterwards do not offer her food for about 5 days.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

Comment

Sounds like she should moult soon for you Popa, and welcome to the forum

My Collection:

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Working...
                      X