club meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• club meeting

last month i was asked to let people know, closer to the time when the next invicta arachnid club meeting is. it is this wednesday evening at 8pm. our guest speaker this month is Ray Hale. Ray, if you are reading this, what is this months talk going to be about? well everyone is welcome to come along, it would be good to see some new faces.
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

club meeting

Hi Mathew
    I am hopeing to come along mandy

Mandy

Comment

Could you please tell us exactly where it is as it doesn't tell us on the website.
      Are we allowed to bring some of our collection along for display/selling?

Once again, if work commitments don't restrict me I'd love to come along, fingers crossed.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

it is at bobbing village hall. if you get on the a249 into sittingbourne, it is just off bobbing services. you can bring Ts to sell, i am buying some myself from sum1 this week at the meeting
        THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

I won't be able to make it, Kent is down South and its just not safe for us Northerners after dark!!
          But good luck with the meet.
          Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

that sounds great Matthew, wish i could make it! hope you all have a great time though
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Matthew, just to let you know that I cancelled this with Chris a few weeks back. Sorry for the confusion but I will be coming down early next year to do a talk and not tonight. Sorry about this but I am currently working all over the place so I never know where I am going to be.

Once again my aplogies but I have told Chris.

Ray Hale
              BTS
              British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
              The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
              On
              [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

just got back from the meeting, sorry about the confusion, due to only seeing one another once a month chris had not informed us. we are all sorry you couldnt make it ray, we were looking forard to your talk, well hope to see you next year. it was still a good evening, plenty of pet purchasing going on, with me adding a p.regalis, b.emelia and b.albopilosum to my collection and we got to watch a failed breeding attempt lol

Comment

Matthew, I so nearly made it last night, even boxed up some Ts for viewing/selling but the wife beat me to the car! arrrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhh!

It might be an idea to get the address on the website, which I now have in my SatNav:
                  Bobbing Village Hall, Sheppey Way, Bobbing, Sittingbourne Kent, ME9 8PL
                  The website makes no mention of when or where you meet. Could be worth getting some pix of a meet to show visually what goes on.
                  So, when is the next one?
                  My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

the next meeting is on the last wednesday in january 09. i think that makes it 28/1/09. this meeting however is our AGM so there will be no lecture at this meeting. The february meeting has no formally booked guest speaker but it looks like it could be Ian Abercrombie giving us one of his wonderful talks on phasmids

Comment

thanks for understanding guys. I will get and do a talk for you. Its always a pleasure. I would urge all of our Kent members to support Invicta. They are a friendly lot and well worth supporting.

Ray
                      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                      On
                      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Originally posted by matthew spooner View Post
                        we got to watch a failed breeding attempt lol
                        ....Give ....him .....a....nudge?.....YUM num num num...! female - *burps* (Had to throw that quote in )

Second suggestion: Add a countdown timer till the next event at the top of the site, so that everyone can view the tme till the next event without having to scout through the pages.

As for photo's i've got a nice digital camera and ill bring it to the AGM where we can take some snazzy pictures
                        Mike
                        Last edited by Michael Peachey; 27-11-08, 11:58 PM.

Comment

yeah that would be great michael. may i just add that the male Nhandu got out just fine, shame we cant say the same thing about the l.parahybana last year lol

Comment

Working...
                          X