X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• successful mating

hi all,

I think Im going to be a dad yay!

I collected a male G.rosea from Umar Kirk on Saturday and they successfully mated last night with some good insertions, I'll need to try and edit down the video but I'll post that up when its done. Was a fabulous thing to watch, Ive seen photos and videos before but its not until you see it for the first time yourself that you take it all in, he got such a tight grip on her.

I'll give him time to recharge then attempt a second sometime soon.

I will be doing a report of the breeding, through to hopefully eggsack, I know that they are a very common tarantula but would it be worth sending it in for the journal with some photos?

Cheers!

Stuart

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

wow congratulations! i am sure many here can give advice for what to do now, but that's a great leap over the first hurdle!
    they may be commonly available, but not commonly bred! we need them bred now because Chile is stopping exports of animals next year...and this lovely animal is not going to be as readily available anymore, unless we get some good breeding programs happening!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

thanks James! Looking forward to the next few months, as for breeding, i know Umar has two hopefully gravid rcf's , mine is an ncf, so fingers crossed

Comment

good news! good luck to you and Umar!
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Well done Stuart! Fingers crossed for an eggsac
          www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

Working...
          X