Couple of Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Pics

Hi folks, just a couple of pictures of my two. Just got into this hobby a couple of weeks ago, been thro a molt with the Emilia and thoroughly enjoying them,
    Attached Files

Nice pix, your emelia looks like a lovely fluff ball
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

very nice pics indeed!
      welcome to the hobby!
      warning: it's addictive
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

oh yes VERY addictive!

welcome to the forum and congrats to the new additions and a successful molt
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Neil, your curly's carapace is a lot darker than mine? My curly hairs carapace is light brown almost blonde!
          Beautiful emila too grats.
          As for the addictive nature of this hobby...be warned, I started a year ago with a little sling, I now have a small army! Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words folks, had a bit of a mishap during the night, heat mat under the Curlys viv got a bit hot and melted a 3 inch hole in the bottom !!
            she was safe tho and now residing in a nice new glass viv with a new heat mat............. crossed fingers this one is ok

Comment

Hi Neil, sorry to hear about that, don't put heat mats under the tanks for T's, they generally don't like them, put it on the outside of the tank either back or the side, what size and make mat were you using? and was it on a stat?
              Last edited by Mrs Linda Street; 29-11-08, 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

it was a habistat 11 x 6 not on a stat, the other was the same size and was on a stat but looked deformed as well, I replaced both mats with a single on a stat as you can see in the pic....will this be ok?
                both spiders moved into glass vivs as well....
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Neil, yes, we've got a few habistat mats, and not had any problems with them but we've never stood tanks on them, we've always put them on the back of the tank, it was a good job it did'nt cause a fire! It looks like the Brachy likes it and the set ups look really nice.

Comment

my wifes sentiments too. Charlotte the curly likes it too, she/he's perched on the other side !!
                    The shop was really good and replaced both, hopefully I just got unlucky
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am interested, I've not seen glass tanks with the vented lids like that, is it a job stopping the substrate drying out too much? although with the Brachys it's not so much of a problem, they like it more on the dry side. Of course, if your original vivs were glass, it would have broken them anyway, because with the polystyrene base then the viv and then the substrate on top, it just builds up the heat, which is another reason to put the heat mats on the back.

Comment

The vivs are just small fish tanks and lids are off medium Faunariums that the shop let me have from the damaged tanks,
                        they fit very nicely, I am keeping an eye on the RH for now I think I may have to seal some of the top up a bit.
                        On a bit of a steep learning curve at the moment, but enjoying every minute. It helps to know that there are people around like your good self to give advice

Comment

Ah, we use a lot of clearseal fish tanks, but the lids are light and need weighting down, (as our big T's just push them off and climb out,) and they have got poor ventilation, you have make holes in them. But we've found the tops off the plastic Lee Herp and Exo Terra fit really well, giving extra ventilation and a feeding hatch, we usually clingfilm them two thirds or so, to increase the humidity, especially if the T's are in pre moult.

Comment

Working...
                          X