Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Red Knee

Hi

Just a quick question - Is it possible for the above to climb out of a hole just smaller than a 2 pence piece? She would be under a year old - has only shed twice as far as I am aware. The tank we have has two small holes at either side and I am wodering if I should cover them.

Please advice.

Thanks

Joanne

It depends entirely on the size of the spider, but they can get out of holes much smaller than they appear to be able to fit through.

I wouldn't chance having a hole that size in any of my spider enclosures irrespective of the size of the spider to be quite honest, so my advice would be to either cover it entirely or install some car repair mesh or similar underneath the holes with aquarium silicone.

My Collection:

Comment

If the holes are a fraction smaller than a 2p then I'd cover them up. Not just to stop your MRK getting out, but to also prevent other things getting in. If one of the larger hunting spiders that roam your house gets in there, it could inflict a bite on your tarantula and kill it.
      Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

You'd be suprised how big a spider can fit through what seems such a small hole.

I would do as phil says and cover the holes with mesh using sealant or a hot glue gun.

If you have a "pound shop" nearby, look into buying a couple of frying pan splash guards (they normally sell a couple for a quid) these are a fine mesh (easily cut with scissors) that will keep out flies and keep in smaller crickets etc
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

My salmon pink got out a 15mm gap and her abdoman is 30mm so I wouldn't take the risk to be honest. Cover the holes

Comment

Spider get out
            Spiders get in
            Crickets get out
            mice get in
            mmmm!
            block it!
            My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

that a new song, Peter?
              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
              X