Psalmopoeus irminia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psalmopoeus irminia

Hi all, just a quick enquiry if anyone can shed some light for me. I have a Psalmopoeus irminia and have put it in a suitable (tall) tank. Recently though it has come down from its normal hide in the cork bark and started burrowing at the bottom of it and webbing up around the shallow burrow to kind of hide away from everything.
    Is this normal? or a sign of an impending molt?
    Cheers.

Hi
    Sounds ok to me. It could be the case that it is comming up for a moult or even constructing and eggsac! Don't worry because if its not mated, you wont get a load of little spiderlings running around and this species is quite well known to make phantom eggsacs (eggsacs that are made without being mated beforehand which are unfertile).
    It could also just be that it has found itself a more suitable place in your tank to hang out. I shouldn't worry too much.
    Cheers
    Chris

Comment

i agree with Chris...i've noticed alot of these arboreal spiders, particularly Psalmopoeus make a burrow lower down! not that i've had that many but i've seen it in other people's collections too.
      sounds like she's just settling in to me!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
      X