Brachy hybrid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brachy hybrid?

I bought this spider as a boehmei but i put some pictures up on another forum and somebody thinks it could be a baumgarteni or a possible hybrid?

Can anybody shed some light please?

Here she is:

Who thinks its a hybrid? baumgarteni have a mainly black carapace.

Comment

The only thing I noticed about your boehmei is how hairy the legs are. I've had 3 of these, sub adult and none have had such hairy legs. However I've seen the same hairyness elsewhere so perhaps this is just part of the adult state.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

i agree with Layla, the carapace of the boehmei is primarily black centred, yours looks like every other boehmei i've had or seen to me.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
          i agree with Layla, the carapace of the boehmei is primarily black centred, yours looks like every other boehmei i've had or seen to me.

I would also agree.. Could be my boehmei's double!!

Comment

Looks like boehmei to me too.
            www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Good! Thanks all x

Comment

Hybrid deffo!

Nah not really! I haven't a clue either way just wanted to get you a little more paranoid.

cheers
                Chris

Comment

Lol thanks Chris.

Layla, the reason he thought it might be a hybrid is because the red knee's are more pronounced and the rest of the legs are lighter, he believed boehmei had that red colour all the way down the legs.
                  I said i'm pretty sure it's boehmei but thought i'd double check
                  Many thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Norris View Post
                    Lol thanks Chris.

Layla, the reason he thought it might be a hybrid is because the red knee's are more pronounced and the rest of the legs are lighter, he believed boehmei had that red colour all the way down the legs.
                    Many thanks all
                    Yeah, thats the only thing I had noticed too but it's definately got a boehmei's carapace. As far as I'm aware the carapace is a good way of IDing brachypelma's. Most of them have very distinct markings.
                    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Due to major disruption in the 'spider room' our adult female is being a little shy at the moment but from what i can see it looks very similar.

First thoughts were that this one looks a little more squat and paler down the legs but ours looks much more colourful in some lights than others and does have longish hairs on the legs.

Maybe it's down to the light the photo was taken in.

Will get the old camera out sometime!

R.
                      Bitten by the bug!

My Collection: - Educate, research, breed, enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Norris View Post
                        Lol thanks Chris.

Many thanks all
                        Some are intensely bright after a moult.

Comment

Working...
                        X