Collins Field Guide - Spiders Printing Mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collins Field Guide - Spiders Printing Mistake

I don't think anyone has posted about this yet, if they have sorry, but I thought I should just share this information with you all.

This is not an urgent announcement

I was given a copy of the Collins Field Guide - Spiders in 2005, I use it quite regularly and noticed the other day (don't ask why I didn't see it before) that all the text was missing from one of the double page spreads, but the pictures were there. I flicked through the rest of the book and found one other double page where the same thing had occurred. I rang Collins, who were really helpful, and was told that the printing mistake had been made in 2002. They have now sent me a new copy free in exchange for my default copy.

I thought I would let everyone know just so forum users with this book could check their copies or if you see this book for sale second-hand, to warn them of the missing text.

The pages are: 276-277 and 308-309.

Any copies bought new from 2008 onwards will be correct.

Best wishes,

Steven
    A, abdomen, abstain, ace, advantage, aegis, ajar, aluminium, ambidextrous, angel, angle, ant, aphid, apple, Arachnida, arachnology: an awesome activity!

Hi
    Cheers for the info. I think I will have to get a copy of the Collins Field Guide as I think it will sit quite nice on my book shelve next to my other filed guides!

Cheers
    Chris

Comment

ha ha ha......... this could turn out to be a reguler feature Chris

*Me-thinks i'd better be careful what i say and do whilst Sainsbury's in this mood*
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

those look like a fascinating field guides lol
        nice one Chris hahaha!
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hey Steven, checked my field guide and my one is OK.

Cheers for posting this up, I wouldn't have known if you had not mentioned it

Cheers

Ray

Comment

Fame at last Colin! I'll have to buy one of those
            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

It's available through my publisher direct Nicola, contact Mr. C Sainsbury to order one

Comment

Yes indeedy you can order them from me. They cost 500 pounds each which has to be payed up front to me in used 50 pound bank notes, but with this you do get a life time waiting for the book to come in the post guarantee.
                Also included in the cost is a non working link to a download sent by email (not to your email address) that contains a long list of excuses as to why the book has not turned up yet.
                Once you recieve your book in the post (which will never happen) a team of highly skilled cat burglars, well me in a Tony the Tiger outfit with a crow bar, will then proceed to ransack your place of residence, steal the book, and sell it back to you for a higher price.....Now I can't say fairer than that!

so how many copys you want?
                Cheers
                Chris

Comment

errrrrr......where's my cut ???

Comment

I'll have three copies please, one for me, one for my cute miranda which cuddle up to you because the tiger outfit makes her think of back home and one for my ninja heteroscodra who attacks you when you're not looking because the miranda has lulled you into a false sense of security! How much for postage?

NINJA HETEROSCODRA (answers to the name Aso)

sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Nicola consider them sold and yourself done!

Colin what do you mean wheres your cut??? You will be owing me printing and publishing charges which come to aprox 600 pounds per copy, so minus 500 selling and handling cost you are still in the debt to 100 pounds per copy sold....now that what I call a bargin.
                      Cheers
                      Chris

Comment

Sorry Chris, i should know when i'm onto a good thing.......i'll send a cheque ok

Comment

Working...
                        X